What's new

Damn Vape Doom

Now it might flood [emoji23] you need the bottom fibers of your tails tucked down slightly into the well almost creating a cotton ramp so the juice can flow up the cotton ramp to the center of your cotton

Not managed to get it to flood yet and have wicked it several times like this before.
Ill take it apart shortly just got to nip out.

Now it might flood [emoji23] you need the bottom fibers of your tails tucked down slightly into the well almost creating a cotton ramp so the juice can flow up the cotton ramp to the center of your cotton
Just out of curiosity does your cotton get squashed like this?
Could it be the chimney on mine is not milled out enough and the squashing of the cotton is choking the wicking?

20190623_095439.jpg
20190623_095502.jpg

So I was wondering if your wick is actually completely damming the juice ports on the tank., That would explain what you were saying about the air transfer. And your pic of the cotton being squashed kind of supports what im thinking. So after packing under the mesh and getting the space under the deck, you need to give that baby a haircut, there is not much room in there for all that cotton. now obviously you need enough to stop the juice just pissing straight through the tank but it shouldnt come out all mangled like that when you remove the deck.

So I was wondering if your wick is actually completely damming the juice ports on the tank., That would explain what you were saying about the air transfer. And your pic of the cotton being squashed kind of supports what im thinking. So after packing under the mesh and getting the space under the deck, you need to give that baby a haircut, there is not much room in there for all that cotton. now obviously you need enough to stop the juice just pissing straight through the tank but it shouldnt come out all mangled like that when you remove the deck.
Raked out so much cotton was worried there would be none left.
Juiced up and letting it soak.

20190623_132415.jpg
20190623_132443.jpg
20190623_132506.jpg
20190623_132529.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this has improved it ten fold.
Can believe how little cotton it needs in the tails.
Thank you @mattyk2010 and @mistermark
The mesh strips i have are coming out at 0.18 and running it at 40w and although not quite as full a vape as i normally toot I'm on the right track and will crank it up when I'm brave enough to risk another lung full of cotton.

Wow this has improved it ten fold.
Can believe how little cotton it needs in the tails.
Thank you @mattyk2010 and @mistermark
The mesh strips i have are coming out at 0.18 and running it at 40w and although not quite as full a vape as i normally toot I'm on the right track and will crank it up when I'm brave enough to risk another lung full of cotton.

Yeah that's exactly how it should look. The wicks not extending past the well. Glad you got it working. I really like mine, as I say I have 2 the wicking is a bit fiddly but not as temperamental as the profile unity, which was too hit or miss for me. Never tried the Kylin M so cant comment on that.

Yeah that's exactly how it should look. The wicks not extending past the well. Glad you got it working. I really like mine, as I say I have 2 the wicking is a bit fiddly but not as temperamental as the profile unity, which was too hit or miss for me. Never tried the Kylin M so cant comment on that.
It was almost relegated to the box of doom but ive been vaping it all afternoon now and its restoring my faith.
I liked it before it came then hated it now like it again :2thumbsup:

Good to see you got it going good mate. Too much fiddling for me though, after following this I'm sticking with my stockers.

Hi I have one of these turning up in the next couple of days.. Was just wondering if the doom rta takes any mesh strips or just the ones specifically for the doom?

Back
Top Bottom