What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

Maybe it's a case of what price you put on your health.

Okeh were not little children here and there's no way vaping is 100% safe,

But considering the alternative.......

Coming to vaping about six months ago I have noticed that in terms of performance the hardware is just getting better and better literally every month. Almost a golden age of development if you will. In terms of hardware my expenditure has probably peaked and I can't see me outlaying much more in the foreseeable future,

Shinyitis notwithstanding, (beware; no one is immune!)

I've probably got what I need and am comfortable with that for now. Next big thing of course is E Juice. Initially I freely admit I was intimidated, certainly by the cost of Ready-Made, £15 for 30ml? Fuck I could buy a tank near enough for that. That and the dark art of actually mixing your own, all those syringes, percentages, bottles, recipes etc. Not wishing to sound arrogant but when I first got into it I began to realize it's not rocket science, and you can certainly get half decent results with some perseverance and application. You will make some bad mistakes. It will taste horrid. You will be tempted to go back to Ready-Made. Keep on keeping on and save yourself some dosh. Nothing at all against Ready-Made, truth be told if I had the money I'd probably not bother with the mither of mixing my own, after all the ready made crew have infinitely more experience of making the stuff than I can ever have. And their stuff tastes good,(with some exemptions)

On a political note, I find myself becoming increasingly more belligerent, when I think of the millions of people whose lives have been altered by rejecting the dominance of Big Tobacco, the more I say "Fuck off" what exactly have you "Phillip Morris" done for me and anybody else ? Well I and millions of others have paid your wages.What have you given me in return? Lung cancer. Maybe. Premature death for sure.

Hey, no way can I claim

That anybody put a gun against my head

No Body made me smoke

Now I Don't

Last edited:
I was saving money at the start but now i can't help myself when I see a shinny new mod hit the market or try a new juice; I want it!!
Smoking is a habit but vaping is a hobby and a lifestyle

It's obviously feasible to Vape and save money ...especially if you stick to one trusty set up and/or DIY your juice....personally I have decided to slow down my hardware buying and now do DIY...my aim is to start saving money as my last 3 set-ups cost...£530...£620....and £850.....I feel as though my shinyitus has become excessively obscene...I still haven't been able to bring myself to get my last set-up out the box and use it..just looking at it makes me feel bad....anyway, enough rambling...the answer to the question ..Has vaping saved me money?..the answer is NO....quite the opposite.......but....I'm hoping to change that :)

I've saved a lot of money over the last 18 months, I didn't have contacts to get cheap tobacco so was spending easily around £80+ a month on the stuff. I was extremely dependent on it, and had been for over 20 years. A few different things gave me a wake-up call, so I took the plunge. So far, I've kept my gear to a minimum and bought only relatively cheap juices, though I did waste some while I was trying to find flavours I liked. Stuff I couldn't stand went in the bin!

These days I'm getting a bit more into it, and my trusty istick is on it's way out, so I'm looking around for a new set-up. The Shinyitis is definitely developing, but I've got the funds to indulge it a bit over the next couple of months. My primary reasons for wanting to get off nicotine - health, mental more than physical - are still there, and I'm slowly but gradually using less nicotine. I'm more than happy to give myself a vaping treat as a reward each time I reach a milestone on my planned route to freeing myself from nicotine addiction.

I'd say when I first started vaping I saved a lot, but now I'm constantly spending :/
new kit now and again,
I'll go to try some new liquids and leave the shop spending £150

I should cut back on spending :p

Without doubt I'm saving a small fortune even though I was a roll your owner for 25 years. But the biggest saving was in the self mixing
Currently at £2.20-£4.10 per 100 ml
Just see bulk orders like duty free stock up a cppl of times a year or chip in with a friend

Without doubt I'm saving a small fortune even though I was a roll your owner for 25 years. But the biggest saving was in the self mixing
Currently at £2.20-£4.10 per 100 ml
Just see bulk orders like duty free stock up a cppl of times a year or chip in with a friend
I tried self making once or twice in the past but found that the flavours never lived up to store bought liquid.

That's the reason I stopped trying. Really wish I could get some great concentrates and be happy

I tried self making once or twice in the past but found that the flavours never lived up to store bought liquid.

That's the reason I stopped trying. Really wish I could get some great concentrates and be happy
This is probably the best place to find what works and what's worth avoiding without having to buy to try.
What sort of flavours do you tend to buy pre made?

I really dont care about money as my health is worth more and being around for my family is priceless.... i rather spend the same on this healthier alternative and live my life ! but that just my opinion

This is probably the best place to find what works and what's worth avoiding without having to buy to try.
I pretty much

I pretty much only buy fruity flavours, grapes/mango/any berry really etc
I'm not a fan of the creams/custards and all of those types.

I don't know wether I was buying rubbish concentrates to start with, or following a terrible recipe.
I may have been fighting a losing battle to begin with.

What percentage flavouring should you roughly be aiming at? What brand of concentrates are known to be worth buying?
Sorry for the amount of questions

Back
Top Bottom