What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

you can save money if you want. i orginally started to save money. then started getting more and more into it. now i have a shit loada mods tanks. and really nice juice. saving nothing. still better than smelling of smoke. and possibly dying lol

I did save money to start with but then I bought everything that caught my eye!! Now I have everything I want for my style of vaping (MTL) and enough mods to rotate each month still can't resist trying new juices but I looked on Fasttech this morning and for the first time I really didn't see anything I wanted!! I mostly build my own coils and have found the tanks I like mainly Doggystyle RTA's and Kayfuns so not wanting new tanks either. The only thing I may have a look at is the new Naughtilus but wait to see exactly what it is like before I decide.

I pretty much

I pretty much only buy fruity flavours, grapes/mango/any berry really etc
I'm not a fan of the creams/custards and all of those types.

I don't know wether I was buying rubbish concentrates to start with, or following a terrible recipe.
I may have been fighting a losing battle to begin with.

What percentage flavouring should you roughly be aiming at? What brand of concentrates are known to be worth buying?
Sorry for the amount of questions
I'm a fruit fan to sometimes with aniseed if Im looking for a bit more of a kick but I keep that separate and just add it to my tank
IV found flavour appreciate through DarkStar ar allways pritty good but most of my fruit I now get from vapours r us. It's only £2.99 for 30 ml with free postage and with me in 2-3 days there blackcurrant I use at 12% in a 80/20 vg/PG mix and most other fruits at 15% although just got some raspberry that is extremely sharp and tangy so will probably mix it with something softer to take the edge off
The best thing I find with fruit is most don't need patients with steeping just shake and vape so just do a 10 ml mix and when your happy make a batch
Don't give up its worth it
Feel free to message me if you need any help or any of the many helpful Ape's everyone is allways there if you need and never to judge

I'm a fruit fan to sometimes with aniseed if Im looking for a bit more of a kick but I keep that separate and just add it to my tank
IV found flavour appreciate through DarkStar ar allways pritty good but most of my fruit I now get from vapours r us. It's only £2.99 for 30 ml with free postage and with me in 2-3 days there blackcurrant I use at 12% in a 80/20 vg/PG mix and most other fruits at 15% although just got some raspberry that is extremely sharp and tangy so will probably mix it with something softer to take the edge off
The best thing I find with fruit is most don't need patients with steeping just shake and vape so just do a 10 ml mix and when your happy make a batch
Don't give up its worth it
Feel free to message me if you need any help or any of the many helpful Ape's everyone is allways there if you need and never to judge

Thanks for that write up mate, I'll have to get a few ordered in and give in another serious attempt.

Probably my percentages were all too low and didn't have any patience to keep going :p

I've tracked my spending since I stopped smoking in May 2015, I've had to estimate the cost of smoking but I wasn't that heavy a smoker I'm working on an average of about 5 packs per week.

At that rate with approximate pricing I would have spent a little less than £4,500 on tobacco and I've spent just under £2,500 on vaping, that's everything - mods, tools, liquids, tanks, RDAs, wick, wires, replacement coils and everything I need for DIY juices although I still buy some liquids from my local B&M as they are good (and better to have labelled bottles when passing through airports!).

So I've saved almost £2,000 in under two years and I wasn't such a heavy smoker to begin with, the costs are rounded figures but my actual percentage saving is currently 42.36%

Easy answer, no. But I can easily justify it cause I've got something to show for the spends!

Technically you'll never save anything as you just end up spending it on something else.
Like if you stopped vaping I'm sure you'd find something else to spend the money on.

At the end of the day you get to see something for your money with vaping, wether it's lots of mods tanks and what ever else, you get to see a collection going and a hobby, were as with smoking cigs you don't see anything bar from burning stinky sticks, if you ever decided to give vaping up in years to come you could sell that gear you have and see something back

Back
Top Bottom