What's new

Doggystyle RTA clones - SXK and SJMY

Just to follow up on this .i have not had to change the post to the sjmy one . The sxk was perfect . However i have had to change the drip to a nautilus 2 tip . The doggy drip tip is prone to condensation which eventually goes in ya mouth . Great tank and looks the bollocks [emoji106]

I love the doggy drip tip. It does get condensation when I use it on other tanks but has been ok for me on the doggy.

I nearly threw my SXK Doggy in the bin just now..... Had a right job putting a coil in it with my sausage fingers......
GGGGgggRRRRRrrrrr....

I find it really easy to build. I leave the ends long, pull them round both screws first (left to right) then tighten them up, and clip the ends off.

Had mine a week and impressed flavour wise, but am finding the bottom fill a pain in the arse. Have sxk one. You got to take AFC ring to take tank apart, and this morning before work I couldn't get the fucking thing apart. Finally wedged something in the AFC hole, but didn't like doing that as weren't sure what I was levering on. Apart from that quite impressed. Think if I bought the original which is 150euros I'd be a lot more critical of it.

Had mine a week and impressed flavour wise, but am finding the bottom fill a pain in the arse. Have sxk one. You got to take AFC ring to take tank apart, and this morning before work I couldn't get the fucking thing apart. Finally wedged something in the AFC hole, but didn't like doing that as weren't sure what I was levering on. Apart from that quite impressed. Think if I bought the original which is 150euros I'd be a lot more critical of it.

Aye that’s my only fault with it. I find if I have it on a tube mod, if I push it into the mod while unscrewing, the tank will screw off (usually) quite easily, leaving the base/afc on the mod. But on a square mod it’s another thing altogether. It stuck once when I was out and about and needed to fill it, drove me mental and ended up bending 2 key rings in the afc to get it apart. I don’t really think there’s anything in there you could break though.

I also got an SJMY tank for mine cause I like he cloudy finish, and it seems to screw on and off easier than the original SXK one, seems the thread is better.

Agreed I’d be pissed if I paid 150 for it. Nothing about it would justify that.

My doggy is now living on a blue smok v8 baby stick battery I got in a swap with another forum member. At first it was a bit underwhelming, it seemed underpowered, strangely enough even though it’s made to power a baby beast (no wattage adjustment). But I put a 0.7Ω coil in and it’s now perfect. Looks quite good as well and it’s tiny, I can conceal the whole thing in my hand.

My doggy is now living on a blue smok v8 baby stick battery I got in a swap with another forum member. At first it was a bit underwhelming, it seemed underpowered, strangely enough even though it’s made to power a baby beast (no wattage adjustment). But I put a 0.7Ω coil in and it’s now perfect. Looks quite good as well and it’s tiny, I can conceal the whole thing in my hand.

that's not strange .... 4.2v with a 1.4 ohm coil = 12w 4.2v with a 0.3ohm coil = 58w

as you've figured out you need to build lower to get higher power, that's why it powers a baby beast with ease. ... you'll get less than 10w with a 1.8ohm coil, it's like using a mech.

that's not strange .... 4.2v with a 1.4 ohm coil = 12w 4.2v with a 0.3ohm coil = 58w

as you've figured out you need to build lower to get higher power, that's why it powers a baby beast with ease. ... you'll get less than 10w with a 1.8ohm coil, it's like using a mech.

Ah ok so that’s how it works. I read that it puts out constant 3.7v. 1.5Ω was disappointing, 0.7 seems just right. Can’t figure out how you did those calculations but would guess it’s somewhere between 15-20w? It’s a bit hotter than when I used to run it at 12.5.

a 1ohm - 1.1ohm coil would give you 12w -14w btw if that's your usual vape.

Back
Top Bottom