What's new

General builds questions for newbs

goddz

Postman
OK so I've been sticking simple builds in RTA's and RDA's for a couple of months now but being on the forum I hear/read things that make me think "WTF are they on about? ".

Series builds, Parallel builds, Stapled builds, Alien wire etc. What is all this sorcery and what's it for?
What is a series build and how does that compare to a parallel?

Anyone else feel like posting their queries please go ahead too, I think we need an encyclopedia of vaping shiz

stapled, alien, clapton etc are different coil types containing multiple wire strands wrapped in diiferent ways
series builds for series unregulated device capable of handling the extra voltage

Do you mean series builds as in building for a series mech - or series builds as in 2 coils on a single wire from pos to neg? Coincidentally not a bad idea for a series mech and reasonably easy if your deck has Velocity-style posts. ;)

Do you mean series builds as in building for a series mech - or series builds as in 2 coils on a single wire from pos to neg? Coincidentally not a bad idea for a series mech and reasonably easy if your deck has Velocity-style posts. ;)
didn't know either so punted with series for mech builds

Both I guess. Do you build differently for a series mech as opposed to a parallel?

Series mech means double the voltage so that's twice the force pushing through the wire. Hence you need hefty wire at say, twice the resistance you'd use on a parallel/single cell. You can't just use skinny wire to raise the resistance since it'll probably melt. So you end up with much bigger coils. Handy to have an rda with plenty of space and deep wells for this...and a willingness to experiment until you find what you like. Be very familiar with Ohm's Law and keep an eye on yourself.

Back
Top Bottom