What's new

Is the Kayfun really way above the others?

But no, I don’t think any of the kayfuns are way above the others. It’s personal preference, really. Some of them are good, but I have none in rotation at the minute, for what that’s worth.

I started years ago with Kayfuns and Ive come full circle and are back on them.
All the kit I threw away years ago is back in my rotation.
Even got a Protank on the go for 50mg salts. Now that is going back to square one!

@Cliffyboy1962 I started off vaping e-pipes ....... so I tend to do a few double puffs. I like a very tight draw, so it takes a few mouthfuls to get a lungful! :D

Last edited:
@Crewella Have you still got your hastur mini? I've been messing around with wicking and have managed to get it consistently bang on by using the half dam method. Wicking perfect for me even when taking multiple pulls without releasing the fire button.

Short wick tails, juice them up, then carefully place the tip of the wick into the juice port, so much so that barley any pokes out. Tried it with a low ohm mtl build, no dry hits. Currently using it with a 1.35ohm 28g build, again perfect.

@Crewella Have you still got your hastur mini? I've been messing around with wicking and have managed to get it consistently bang on by using the half dam method. Wicking perfect for me even when taking multiple pulls without releasing the fire button.

Short wick tails, juice them up, then carefully place the tip of the wick into the juice port, so much so that barley any pokes out. Tried it with a low ohm mtl build, no dry hits. Currently using it with a 1.35ohm 28g build, again perfect.
I have it somewhere ...... possibly not for long ......... ;)

OK ... I might try again. Thing is, though, that we've been spoilt for good MTL tanks in the last year or so. I have so many 'new' tanks (Berserker Mini, Galaxies RDTA, True, Spica Pro) that work perfectly every time that it's harder to forgive ones that don't work from the get-go these days. Two years ago I'd have wrestled it into submission. :D

I have it somewhere ...... possibly not for long ......... ;)

OK ... I might try again. Thing is, though, that we've been spoilt for good MTL tanks in the last year or so. I have so many 'new' tanks (Berserker Mini, Galaxies RDTA, True, Spica Pro) that work perfectly every time that it's harder to forgive ones that don't work from the get-go these days. Two years ago I'd have wrestled it into submission. :D

I didn't actually think you'd still have it to be honest. No worries, the technique is there should you ever be tempted to have a tinker with the hastur again.

If you ever got it to work in the past and you rated it then it may be worth a go. However, if it was nothing special compared to your other tanks, I wouldn't bother.

I didn't actually think you'd still have it to be honest. No worries, the technique is there should you ever be tempted to have a tinker with the hastur again.

If you ever got it to work in the past and you rated it then it may be worth a go. However, if it was nothing special compared to your other tanks, I wouldn't bother.
I'm savage at culling the ones that piss me off, but I have a drawer full of the 'mehs' that I think I might go back to ..... and usually don't. Mainly because something else came along. Two more ordered today (including a KF Lite clone)! :8:

The Kayfuns are the Kayfuns, sort of a class on their own. Nobody will get a Kayfun because they have the best flavour or airflow - they don't. Once you get to know them well you know what to expect. If I had a word for them it would be "consistency" or "reliability".

Edit, to qualify my post - not a Kayfun expert but been using one all the time for 2 years.

I bought a Kayfun v5 2 years ago, all original o-rings are there, all threading is pristine, I can build it and start vaping in 5 minutes flat. In fact it is so reliable and consistent that I call it the "Prussian soldier", as a nod to its German/Russian heritage as well as its reliability. It has never leaked, never given me a dry hit. The flavour and draw is Kayfun. I use it for flavour testing because I am so confident that my build will be correct every single time - it doesn't give the best flavour, my Taifuns blow it out of the water (along with more or less everything else I own), however I know that I can rely on the Kayfun v5 to give me a very good idea of the juice, if it is good in the KF it can only get better in other tanks. I bought a Kayfun v5^2, which is basically a v5 just bigger, however I am not using it that much because it isn't really a proper DL RTA, however the amazing thing is that the draw and flavour are unmistakably Kayfun. I also bought a v4 clone but I find it too much hassle because the screws can't really catch modern wires.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom