What's new

Is this breaking the law ?

i’m not sure what you are saying i’m not sure about.

does the image in the OP appear to go against any of the restrictions? no, it doesn’t.

should we more carefully consider every single action we carry out during the course of the day in case we injure ourselves and overwhelm the local hospital a and e department? maybe, or maybe not.

is sledging on an empty hill more dangerous than cycling, running, walking on a main road with traffic, compulsive masturbation etc? i don’t think it is.
Does it matter if one has more risk than the other?
Both or all could end with the same result and consequences.

If walking is exercise then sledging is, bloody hard work walking up them snowy hills :18::D

ETA: I nearly injured myself walking the other week, slipping on ice, coulda banged my head but landed on my ass

Does it matter if one has more risk than the other?
Both or all could end with the same result and consequences.

was that not the point of the link you posted? that sledging is dangerous, because someone was injured while sledging, so we shouldn’t use it as a form of exercise during the pandemic? if not i am a bit lost, you’ll have to forgive me.

Crazy i left Nottingham this morning crawling along ungritted roads at 5mph in 6 inches of the white stuff to get to Worksop just up the road to find no snow at all.

i think it’s similar here, my mum has snow at her bit but none here at all, just a bit of frost. but clear blue skies, the weather has been very nice.

Replying to your edit.
Leisue is not accepted but exercise is allowed.
Technically sledging is leisure but let's humour the situation for a minute and say is classed as exercise. I would personally be airing on the side of caution during a pandemic where the NHS is stretched enough at the moment so i would be a lot more responsible and chose my form of exercise carefully using the common sense I was blessed with.

Anyone who's been sledging knows it's bloody hard work, so yes, it's certainly exercise, but it might be dangerous, hence you make an assessment. Like you do when you step out for a walk, on icy pavements, to go get some milk and eggs, or walk down an icy slope, or walk up or down the icy steps that lead to your front door. Did you need those eggs and milk, could you have gone without, haven't you got any powdered milk in your cupboard, you didn't need to cook an omelette today, you must have a meal in your freezer? Why did you walk down your icy steps? You should've stayed indoors, it's too dangerous, I knew you might twist your ankle and have to go to A&E.

was that not the point of the link you posted? that sledging is dangerous, because someone was injured while sledging, so we shouldn’t use it as a form of exercise during the pandemic? if not i am a bit lost, you’ll have to forgive me.

i think it’s similar here, my mum has snow at her bit but none here at all, just a bit of frost. but clear blue skies, the weather has been very nice.
Has sledging ever been classed as exercise?

Back
Top Bottom