What's new

Kayfun Mini v3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously loving this little thing. Ive had all the high end attys (except rose v3) since the Erlkönigin and this is by far the best in terms of flavour. I like a loose mtl and I've always loved how smooth the kayfuns are.

I've been running a 2.5mm ID coil, trimming the cotton, fluffing it out, 50/50 juice. Just keeps on wicking. Great in temp control as well.

I honestly thought svoemesto were dead and buried after the reaction to the V4, but fair play to them. They came back stronger than ever.

Just to chuck in another opinion here. I've also had nothing but problems with the v3's. I'll either get a dry-hit-city vape or the whole deck will flood. I had to resort to opening the juice flow control to a quarter of a turn using a 50/50 juice recently just to stop the sodding thing from flooding but every other hit was dry. This went on for weeks.

I eventually gave up. I have limited time to build and I can't say I've ever had a vape on the v3 that was any better than the Kabuki or Mini v3. I even sold on my authentic and, after a few months, picked up a SXK clone. Same problems.

I have, however, NEVER had an issue with the v5. Where the v3 is, for me, extremely temperamental with how to build and wick, the v5 is SO forgiving. I've no idea why, seeing as the deck is pretty much exactly the same, but the v5 is a dream in comparison.

Pick up an SXK clone from provapes and an authentic MTL kit from Creme De Vape, I promise it'll make you enjoy building and the vape is exceptional. (Also, build the coil as in the below if you're using the MTL kit. Makes things easier)

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...on-the-kayfun-v5-with-airflow-adapter.115082/

Never had a dry hit, leaking, gurgling or whistling experience on the v5, whereas on the v3 I've pretty much constantly had all of the above.

If I am being honest......... I prefer the vape that I get with the MiniV3. I love the bigger build deck on the 5, but find it doesn't "quite" pack the wallop that the MiniV3 can produce.
However........ Carol............ Kayfun Fan and User for what seems like EVER, prefers the 5. So much so that she has actually found it efficient enough to warrant her dropping her nic level slightly. So, don't take my word for it! For ME the Mini V3 just edges it on flavour, BUT........... They are feisty little buggers and until you nail your wicking and Coil Height, approach with caution. The 5 is a doddle to build (as long as you get an SXK) and thus far have proven to be exceptionally leak free.

I do have One that was from ft and that has now been retired for use as Spares. Leaked like a sieve, no matter what was done to it.

Oh shit, I'm really sorry you've had such a hard time with the KF Mini V3. I don't blame you for throwing in the towel - you've tried really hard, and this is supposed to be fun! :(

If I can make one more suggestion ..... stick it in a drawer for a few weeks whilst you try something else. As you're learning to build, you might find a bit further down the line that you fancy having another go ..... and it won't be eating anything in the meantime. I'm about to give my Pico-S (my personal wicking nightmare) another try now I've had a break from it, maybe I'll master the bastard this time! :D

I think crewella is bang on. You get to a point when you can't see the wood for the trees. A, we know it's a good en as it came from Rob. B, I've got two clones and an original and I can't get it too not work. So some time away from it may bring a revelation.
I know this is the sensible option and hopefully I can convince myself to hold on to it, at the moment I just can't stand the little thing and just want to get rid lol
Just to chuck in another opinion here. I've also had nothing but problems with the v3's. I'll either get a dry-hit-city vape or the whole deck will flood. I had to resort to opening the juice flow control to a quarter of a turn using a 50/50 juice recently just to stop the sodding thing from flooding but every other hit was dry. This went on for weeks.

I eventually gave up. I have limited time to build and I can't say I've ever had a vape on the v3 that was any better than the Kabuki or Mini v3. I even sold on my authentic and, after a few months, picked up a SXK clone. Same problems.

I have, however, NEVER had an issue with the v5. Where the v3 is, for me, extremely temperamental with how to build and wick, the v5 is SO forgiving. I've no idea why, seeing as the deck is pretty much exactly the same, but the v5 is a dream in comparison.

Pick up an SXK clone from provapes and an authentic MTL kit from Creme De Vape, I promise it'll make you enjoy building and the vape is exceptional. (Also, build the coil as in the below if you're using the MTL kit. Makes things easier)

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...on-the-kayfun-v5-with-airflow-adapter.115082/

Never had a dry hit, leaking, gurgling or whistling experience on the v5, whereas on the v3 I've pretty much constantly had all of the above.

If I am being honest......... I prefer the vape that I get with the MiniV3. I love the bigger build deck on the 5, but find it doesn't "quite" pack the wallop that the MiniV3 can produce.
However........ Carol............ Kayfun Fan and User for what seems like EVER, prefers the 5. So much so that she has actually found it efficient enough to warrant her dropping her nic level slightly. So, don't take my word for it! For ME the Mini V3 just edges it on flavour, BUT........... They are feisty little buggers and until you nail your wicking and Coil Height, approach with caution. The 5 is a doddle to build (as long as you get an SXK) and thus far have proven to be exceptionally leak free.

I do have One that was from ft and that has now been retired for use as Spares. Leaked like a sieve, no matter what was done to it.
Seems to be becoming a common opinion that the v5 might be my next best place to look, never know if I can master one of these it might convince me to give my mini v3 another go!

The 5 is a doddle to build (as long as you get an SXK) and thus far have proven to be exceptionally leak free.

My V5 has been brilliant and also a doddle to build on and it's not SXK ...... just saying like.

I know this is the sensible option and hopefully I can convince myself to hold on to it, at the moment I just can't stand the little thing and just want to get rid lol

Seems to be becoming a common opinion that the v5 might be my next best place to look, never know if I can master one of these it might convince me to give my mini v3 another go!

And to throw a spanner in the works...............
tmp_16733-2016-08-30_12.44.51687492478.jpg

Sxk kayfun 5 mini

Arrived 45 minutes ago
Washed, built and vaping in TC mode with 316L at 0.86 ohms

It allows for wider coils due to the build deck.
Easier to adjust the airflow than the v3 mini

My experience is that the tightest airflow setting is just right for MTL (and the same as my v3 mini)
22mm wide.
Same height as v3 mini
Specs say 3ml capacity. I'm querying that..... It's AT LEAST 3ml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom