What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

Put it together and filled it with some Snake Oil. No leaking so doesn't look like the non chamfered top nut is going to be an issue. There is a slight funky taste though of machine oil so will need to give it another soak and clean. No issues with the glass, it's very smooth.

Got a 0.16 Ohm Nickel coil and it is vaping very nice on the Vaporshark, airier than my KFLv2 and once I've got rid of the machine oil taste I think it's a better atomiser. Have it completely open but because I've got used to my Lemo I think I'm going to get the 2.7mm upgrade kit from Cloud 9 when they're in stock again.

IMG_0532.jpg

Im having issues...

Mine first leaked, then tasted burnt ( think got the juice flow wrong)

Now ive got the flow sorted, it bloody gurgles ... seems cant just turn up side down and blow though the air hole lol on this :P

Im having issues...

Mine first leaked, then tasted burnt ( think got the juice flow wrong)

Now ive got the flow sorted, it bloody gurgles ... seems cant just turn up side down and blow though the air hole lol on this :P

You understanding the juice control ok?

Pbusardo describes it perfectly in his video

If the juice control / flow are ok then I would guess it's your o rings or the vacuum.

If everything is ok with the above then maybe you need a bit more wick mate.

Put it together and filled it with some Snake Oil. No leaking so doesn't look like the non chamfered top nut is going to be an issue. There is a slight funky taste though of machine oil so will need to give it another soak and clean. No issues with the glass, it's very smooth.

Got a 0.16 Ohm Nickel coil and it is vaping very nice on the Vaporshark, airier than my KFLv2 and once I've got rid of the machine oil taste I think it's a better atomiser. Have it completely open but because I've got used to my Lemo I think I'm going to get the 2.7mm upgrade kit from Cloud 9 when they're in stock again.

View attachment 40250

Looking good then. It will probably be next weekend before i build mine. I hate working away now lol

If the juice control / flow are ok then I would guess it's your o rings or the vacuum.

If everything is ok with the above then maybe you need a bit more wick mate.

Well i actually might have fcked it up... i swapped all o rings for originals off cloud9. I doubt its wick, ive been using kayfun 3.1 for 6 months + so im used to the builds. And actually think less is more with the V4, wouldnt want to block the juice inlets.

Im guessing its the swapping of the o rings. I will swap them back when i get chance and see if its better.

Well i actually might have fcked it up... i swapped all o rings for originals off cloud9. I doubt its wick, ive been using kayfun 3.1 for 6 months + so im used to the builds. And actually think less is more with the V4, wouldnt want to block the juice inlets.

Im guessing its the swapping of the o rings. I will swap them back when i get chance and see if its better.

Yes maybe the dimensions are out by a few mm and the clone o rings accommodate this and the cloud 9 are slightly different, this not sealing the vacuum properly

Just ordered the Puff Palace one so am right in thinking i could one of 2 different options?

You could send Jim an email at PP and request one or the other.

He confirmed there was no noticeable between the two, only different packaging. He's tried both versions in person, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Back
Top Bottom