What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

Cool

i should`nt have read this thread as i`ve went and bought one now the wait to see if its any good or not

Do you know what manufacture you have bought? .... i have original and Tobecco clone which to be fair is very good, the threads are not quite as good and the juice flow has less turns than the original but for the money I'm well impressed with the Tobecco version

Mine arrived today, the RobbotTech 1:1 from Focal - 12 days spanning Christmas and the New Year, I wasn't expecting it for another week.

I'm gonna send it back because it doesn't come with spares...........the fuck I will.

This thing is incredible. I haven't seen an original but I would believe this was one, it's better quality than my Ehpro KFL V2, and the vape is better than I was expecting.

I thought we were nearing the limit of what flavour could be achieved from an RBA, but this has stepped it up. I've put 3 juices through it this afternoon just to be sure.

I put myself on the floor from the biggest dry hit I've ever taken because I took the whole thing apart to see how it works and got the juice control the wrong way round. I had to concede in the end and read the instructions because it's impossible to work out the AFC.

Fully open, it's almost as good as a dripper and I've never seen such clouds from an RBA.

For £22, I give this 10/10.

Mine arrived today, the RobbotTech 1:1 from Focal - 12 days spanning Christmas and the New Year, I wasn't expecting it for another week.

I'm gonna send it back because it doesn't come with spares...........the fuck I will.

This thing is incredible. I haven't seen an original but I would believe this was one, it's better quality than my Ehpro KFL V2, and the vape is better than I was expecting.

I thought we were nearing the limit of what flavour could be achieved from an RBA, but this has stepped it up. I've put 3 juices through it this afternoon just to be sure.

I put myself on the floor from the biggest dry hit I've ever taken because I took the whole thing apart to see how it works and got the juice control the wrong way round. I had to concede in the end and read the instructions because it's impossible to work out the AFC.

Fully open, it's almost as good as a dripper and I've never seen such clouds from an RBA.

For £22, I give this 10/10.

But is it a cracker? ;)

OK My Clone KF4 arrived today from Puff Palace. I'm pretty sure it's the Moander version as it came in the Cloned box with a poster, instruction book, little bag with O-Rings, spring and 2 readymade coils and wicks, Poly tank and glass tank.

Having stripped it down and given it a clean it wouldn't fool me that it's a clone - I have the Original and there are subtle differences with the Logo, airflow ring, SS Tank section, spring, 510 pin and the whole juice flow section. I've built it back up, dropped a coil in it and I've got some Kingslayer in it now, seems to be working just fine but I'll need a few days to be sure of it. However my preliminary decision is that this one is very close to the Original in form and function and for £25 you wont find a better atty...

OK My Clone KF4 arrived today from Puff Palace. I'm pretty sure it's the Moander version as it came in the Cloned box with a poster, instruction book, little bag with O-Rings, spring and 2 readymade coils and wicks, Poly tank and glass tank.

Having stripped it down and given it a clean it wouldn't fool me that it's a clone - I have the Original and there are subtle differences with the Logo, airflow ring, SS Tank section, spring, 510 pin and the whole juice flow section. I've built it back up, dropped a coil in it and I've got some Kingslayer in it now, seems to be working just fine but I'll need a few days to be sure of it. However my preliminary decision is that this one is very close to the Original in form and function and for £25 you wont find a better atty...
Any chance you could do a vid to compare the two?

Ok having read the thread can the clones be summed up as:

Tobbeco - tobecco branded box all 3 tanks a set of spares.

Ehpro - Ehpro box, 3 tanks no spares no chanfered drip tip hole, o rings slightly off spec to real kf4. Avalible in black

Moander - legit looking box 3 tanks no spares. Legit o rings and screws work fine

Infinite - 3 tanks spares and compatible with real screws o rings etx.

This is incorrect, I have the Ehpro and mine came with spares.

For what is worth... my review

I have now spent the last 24 using the clone and my initial report is in! This might be a long one, so I apologise now

In the interest of clarity, both tanks were cleaned, rewicked with Muji cotton, primed and part filled with 6mg Powwow Sauce from the same bottle before being attached to a Vaporflask and fired at 14.5w. I went up and down the power settings but this is what I’ve been vaping the original at all xmas so chose to start there. I also spent some time making sure the airflow settings were the same so I could give this my best shot at being a like for like comparison

One of the first things I noticed about the clone was the SMELL. Gees Louise! The machine oil smell was hard to shift but even after a total of 4 hours soaking in hot water and fairy liquid (changing the water every 30 minutes and scrubbing with a firm toothbrush). There was still a slight taste so I used a different drip tip and that seemed to take away the last bit of taste from it.

When I first began stripping it down it was clear the build quality of the original compared to the clone was not in the same league, but let’s be honest, this is £20 clone, not an expensive original. It has very sharp, rough threads but it does all fit together and only the base has a VERY slight wobble/ loose feeling about it. This can be cured by really tightening the 510 pin but then the juice flow control is too tight to use, so it took some fiddling but found a happy medium. I could also see a difference in the metal that the build deck is made out off. The original looks a bit brighter and feels higher quality (but again, it should be for the price). Now interestingly, I have nailed the build on my original, 0.32mm kanthal, 8 wraps, 2mm drill bit reads 1.40/1.41 ohms and gets lovely flavour from the Powwow Sauce. The EXACT same build on the clone is 1.75 ohms, which I did twice just to make sure I hadn’t done something differently. I can only put that down to the quality of the materials on the build deck. The screws did seem okay on the clone but again, there was an obvious difference in materials so can’t comment on how long they will last. I may have to do a follow up after more use, but my first impressions were that they were okay and all of them loosened off and tightened down

To try and give the clone the exact same flavour assessment I tried the juice on the 1.75 ohm build and then rebuilt it at 1.40 ohms just so it was a direct comparison to the original, but I couldn’t pick out much change in the flavour between the builds

I spent the evening using the clone and I felt it performed really well and was getting nice flavour and good vapour production with no leaks. It was then time to try the original again for the last 30 minutes before bed and I have got to say….. the original clearly outperforms it.

Now don’t get me wrong, the flavour from the clone is really good and 1000’s of people will be amazed and over the moon with it for £20/£25, including myself as its going to be perfect for work. I appreciate that for some people £120 is not even an option and I want to avoid the debate of the originals price tag because it is what it is. However, I’m sure providing you get one that has a good build quality, you will be more than happy with a clone

However, for the purists and the true flavour chasers, the original knocks it out of the park with is smoother taste and more intense flavours, not to mentioned the build quality.

For the price, the clone is very good but as the saying goes…. ‘It’s good, but it’s not quite Carling’

Back
Top Bottom