What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

I spent the evening using the clone and I felt it performed really well and was getting nice flavour and good vapour production with no leaks. It was then time to try the original again for the last 30 minutes before bed and I have got to say….. the original clearly outperforms it.

thanks for the review..weird about the different ohms on identical builds.
All I'm really interested in though it the bit I quoted.
Why?
How can a thing with parts 100% compatible with another thing create a better taste. And please ignore kayfun/clone/plastic/brass/kanger/innokin etc.......in terms of vapour production, assuming we are designing an atomiser from scratch and have decisions to make in the design phase...how can it be that two things that have the same volume, chimneys and so on get so different flavour/vapor production

@rune How have you found the ephro, any problems with it.

It's been good so far. Have had juice come out of the air holes a couple of times when I've refilled it so not sure if the JC is closing off properly but it's only a small amount and is fine after.

Last edited:
thanks for the review..weird about the different ohms on identical builds.
All I'm really interested in though it the bit I quoted.
Why?
How can a thing with parts 100% compatible with another thing create a better taste. And please ignore kayfun/clone/plastic/brass/kanger/innokin etc.......in terms of vapour production, assuming we are designing an atomiser from scratch and have decisions to make in the design phase...how can it be that two things that have the same volume, chimneys and so on get so different flavour/vapor production

That is something I have mulled over all yesterday and still today and to be totally honest, i dont know. Even before the clone arrived i said those exact words to myself... if it is a true 1:1 then there should be no difference.

Since the review i have broken both down again and re cleaned them before setting them back up again. However this time, I blind tast tested them making sure i wasn't looking at them when vaping them..... and i got the same results. I could pin point the original on flavour alone straight away.

I'm sorry i cannot explain, i wish i could, but can't

well, you have everything you need to pinpoint it down...for the sake of science you could start swopping parts about and doing your blind tests each time. As a naturally curious person, I'm curious enough to want to find out, but dont have the items to do the testing.

well, you have everything you need to pinpoint it down...for the sake of science you could start swopping parts about and doing your blind tests each time. As a naturally curious person, I'm curious enough to want to find out, but dont have the items to do the testing.

Vaping and building Kayfuns for science... im in! Why's that not a job!!

Difference could be down to material used and machining, differences in material could affect heat exchanges and quality of machining could affect the way vape moves and cools/heats in the chimney

Do you know what manufacture you have bought? .... i have original and Tobecco clone which to be fair is very good, the threads are not quite as good and the juice flow has less turns than the original but for the money I'm well impressed with the Tobecco version

sorry to say i have no idea its coming from focalcig though

Back
Top Bottom