What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

Am I correct in thinking the moander version doesn't have the spring in the base like the others?

Just going by the reviews I seen of the various makes.

Am I correct in thinking the moander version doesn't have the spring in the base like the others?

Just going by the reviews I seen of the various makes.

Not as far as I'm aware. I have what I believe to be the Moander version (purchased from Puff Palace) and this has the spring.

Not as far as I'm aware. I have what I believe to be the Moander version (purchased from Puff Palace) and this has the spring.

My bad. Just noticed on the review of the moander version I saw it says he forgot to put the spring back in before doing the review lol

@Dazza Analogies man, dangerous territory ;)

Anyway, the reason it's leaking is that O ring around the square part of the base. Take that off, wrap some rinsed dental floss around a couple of times and replace the O ring on top, no more leaks for you my friend ;)

And we're lucky apple don't make atties, they'd have a 0.8ml capacity and cost £400, on the plus side they would look very good! ;) They'd also have proprietary threads on everything and only use apple juice ;)

Oh apple, lol

Thanks for the o-ring tip. I'll strip it down and try that next time it's empty. Been using my Squape R (original) a lot lately. Now there's an tank that works a charm and doesn't leak on me at all (since I figured out how to wick it properly) but then, at £125 it should work like a charm!

After a few days with the ft clone I'm really enjoying it. It's been a bumpy road and steep learning curve. True with most new tanks but more so with this. Love being able to get to the deck if the wicking g isn't right. The juice control is a tad annoying, in that I have to loosen the positive 510 screw slightly in order to close the juice control so I can fill it. Once filled tighten screw, put back on mod and then open juice control.

Well! At last I can join the bandwagon.
Been using my fetch sku 201800 over the weekend (arrived Saturday morning). Quality wise, no machine oil, no swarf, all threads and seals OK
I like it, but it doesn't make me go "wow". Performance is no better and no worse than my Russians, KF 3.1's, or KF light +'s (all clones). I didn't really expect to notice much difference as it's only been in use for a couple of days and not really worn in yet. I'm confident that the better airflow design along with the slightly wider drip tip, will put this a shade above the other KF's in a few more days. The juice flow is a nice addition and works flawlessly, but I've never had any leaking issues with any other of the Kayfun tribe so having juice control is no big deal for me as I'm getting along ok with it set at "wide open" all the time. (other than the obvious! you need it to be able to top fill)
I do like the top fill system and also the ability to take the tank off and do a rebuild, the best bit about the V4 for me.
Air flow control uses an allen key but adjustments make no difference. That's more than likely a clone issue and no big deal, the draw is fine. Easy to use, easy to build, 100% leak free, (like all of the other KF styles out there it was out of the box, coiled, filled, and vaping in around 10 minutes) so I'm glad I have it and it's another useful addition to my little nest of Kayfuns.

ps. just to make coil fitting easier, I've removed the two deck screws that are out of use so that I can have the tails on the inside for snipping and eliminate the chance of a short against the chamber.

Last edited:
My black v4 clone arrived from zd vapes the other day. Can't believe it's a clone tbh, it's perfect, threads are silky smooth, finish is excellent, wasn't covered in machine oil. The vape and flavour quality is superb , juice control works really well and doesn't lose a drop.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421763188747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421763188747.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 61
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421763200412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421763200412.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421763212534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421763212534.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421763225753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421763225753.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421763237434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421763237434.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 63
I've got to say I'm not feeling the Love for the V4!!! Lovely quality and I got it up and Running first Time But there's far too much going on for my liking and the flavour's not as good as the Heron or the Taifun for that matter!!! There could be another one in the Classies soon!!!

I've got to say I'm not feeling the Love for the V4!!! Lovely quality and I got it up and Running first Time But there's far too much going on for my liking and the flavour's not as good as the Heron or the Taifun for that matter!!! There could be another one in the Classies soon!!!

Haven't tried a heron but had a couple of taifuns.

I felt similarly with the Taifun.

It worked well but flavour was good (not brilliant) and vapour was meh.

What's the airflow like on the heron?

I heard it was tight so have avoided for that reason :)

Back
Top Bottom