What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

The pedant in me has to point out that Apple were the first place phone manufacturer to release a handset with a 64-Bit ARM processor, so they're not always behind the Android phones in terms of hardware.

Android plays the numbers game (higher numbers in everything each release) Apple plays the efficiency game (iPhones are still as fast or faster and take better pictures, despite on paper not having as good specs).

I've had both android and apple, and I'd never make the mistake of buying android again for the numbers. The iPhone just works, and if I ever have a problem I just go to the store and sort it. No sending my phone away and waiting for it to go to Korea and be returned! :)

Just returned to this thread. What's happened!? How did a kayfun clone thread end up discussing the relative merits of android and iOS??

By the way; been using my Moander kayfun clone for a while now and it's ok but the liquid control doesn't work. You can close it off fully but unless you store the tank upright, it leaks through the air holes.

Dazza Analogies man, dangerous territory ;)

Anyway, the reason it's leaking is that O ring around the square part of the base. Take that off, wrap some rinsed dental floss around a couple of times and replace the O ring on top, no more leaks for you my friend ;)

And we're lucky apple don't make atties, they'd have a 0.8ml capacity and cost £400, on the plus side they would look very good! ;) They'd also have proprietary threads on everything and only use apple juice ;)

Oh apple, lol

Just returned to this thread. What's happened!? How did a kayfun clone thread end up discussing the relative merits of android and iOS??

By the way; been using my Moander kayfun clone for a while now and it's ok but the liquid control doesn't work. You can close it off fully but unless you store the tank upright, it leaks through the air holes.

I know; I will never mention TV's again

Apple is the best though ~ Sorry, that was naughty

Back to topic!

My HCigar is similar, the air flow sometimes is a challenge. Still OK though, very good flavour; I can't just lay it down with confidence like my original.

I have been having a closer look @ the two K4's.

The machining on the clone around the juice flow is a little rough, not smooth like the original, this may be the issue many are having with the juice flow, mine kinda "locks" sometimes if that makes sense?

I'm going to strip the clone down completely and see if I can sort out; probably bugger it up completely

I know; I will never mention TV's again

Apple is the best though ~ Sorry, that was naughty

Back to topic!

My HCigar is similar, the air flow sometimes is a challenge. Still OK though, very good flavour; I can't just lay it down with confidence like my original.

I have been having a closer look @ the two K4's.

The machining on the clone around the juice flow is a little rough, not smooth like the original, this may be the issue many are having with the juice flow, mine kinda "locks" sometimes if that makes sense?

I'm going to strip the clone down completely and see if I can sort out; probably bugger it up completely

Interesting, I'd be curious to know if ghost feels the same with his H Cigar compared to his original.

Interesting, I'd be curious to know if ghost feels the same with his H Cigar compared to his original.

I have treated my hcigar clone exactly the same as my original. No leaks or anything. I still maintain that it is VERY close to the original.

Honestly... the other day i actually had to stop and think whether I was vaping the clone or the original. And it was in fact the clone.

The only difference is the fact the juice flow control is stiffer. It did lock up on me the other day but a screwdriver in one of the airflow holes soon sorted it.

Have got my hcigar clone and it looks good, threads feel good(not rough). It comes with some spare o rings, deck screws, the obligatory tool and some cotton and 2 coils. It does smell of machine oil, but nothing to bad. Will get it cleaned up and hopefully built today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20150117_072213.jpg
    20150117_072213.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 48

See I have the Moander version and I haven't had a leak at all.

I can brim the tank and leave it laying down or standing up with juice flow wide open and it doesn't lose a drop.

As with all clones, their QC isn't as good so the odd one will have an issue.

Like the Magma on Fasttech has 500 positive reviews and considered the best clone. One of our apes ordered one and it had no airflow, the hole wasn't drilled through to the deck!

Chance you take for the price I guess!

The dental floss is a great trick though!

I have treated my hcigar clone exactly the same as my original. No leaks or anything. I still maintain that it is VERY close to the original.

Honestly... the other day i actually had to stop and think whether I was vaping the clone or the original. And it was in fact the clone.

The only difference is the fact the juice flow control is stiffer. It did lock up on me the other day but a screwdriver in one of the airflow holes soon sorted it.

Do you find, on the clone that the Juice flow ring (hex type ring) maybe not rough but "sharp" edges I'm sure that's causing my issue, sure we have a slight tolerance issue ( I have seen this before with valves I have worked) am going to buff the juice flow area up when it's stripped.

I will get this working just like original or completely kill it

My one from ft arrived today and it was utter shit. Looking at the box I think it's the moander one. Couldn't remove the build deck without a wrench, filled it with snake oil and opened the juice channels but the the juice control ring came off and the deck won't come off again! It got thrown up the garden!

Back
Top Bottom