What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

Received my clone V4 yesterday (HCigar) I have the original but wanted another one for work, fishing etc.

Must admit very pleased, quality very good, put a 1.5 ohm micro coil in with some Japanese cotton (my normal build) same Juice (spectrum Custard Cream) used a Provari mini @ 3.9 volts.

My thoughts against my Original out of 100%.

Quality of finish ~ 85%
Threads ~ 80%
Presentation ~ 75%
Juice flow ~ 70%
Vape ~ 80%

Overall ~ Good clone, one of the best I have used, obviously not to the standard of the Original but still a very good piece of kit.

Would I buy another HCigar clone ~ Yes.

Would I buy another Original ~ Yes.

Good analogy would be; TV's ~ Sony v's Toshiba (I have both) you can watch TV on both, just the Sony is dearer and a little bit better

Received my clone V4 yesterday (HCigar) I have the original but wanted another one for work, fishing etc.

Must admit very pleased, quality very good, put a 1.5 ohm micro coil in with some Japanese cotton (my normal build) same Juice (spectrum Custard Cream) used a Provari mini @ 3.9 volts.

My thoughts against my Original out of 100%.

Quality of finish ~ 85%
Threads ~ 80%
Presentation ~ 75%
Juice flow ~ 70%
Vape ~ 80%

Overall ~ Good clone, one of the best I have used, obviously not to the standard of the Original but still a very good piece of kit.

Would I buy another HCigar clone ~ Yes.

Would I buy another Original ~ Yes.

Good analogy would be; TV's ~ Sony v's Toshiba (I have both) you can watch TV on both, just the Sony is dearer and a little bit better[emoji1]

Even though Sony and Toshiba both use Samsung LCDs in their TVs :)

Even though Sony and Toshiba both use Samsung LCDs in their TVs :)

True but Samsung sell the latest panel to Sony but 2generation old ones to toshiba
That's why tosh TVs are cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

True but Samsung sell the latest panel to Sony but 2generation old ones to toshiba
That's why tosh TVs are cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

No they aren't 2 generations old.

Samsung sell 3 different ranges of displays.

The high end are the DID displays.
Digital Information Displays.
These are professional advertising displays, designed for 24/7 usage with high brightness, LED backlighting, wide viewing angles and high contrast ratios.

These go into advertising applications, like the screens in airports, shopping centres and train stations.

Brightness tends to be anywhere up to 1500 candela per meter squared.

They do not get used in consumer TVs.

Next ate the B-DID.
Basic Digital Information Display.

These are still high end displays but do not have a patch on the real DIDs.

Still have great brightness, contrast ratios and viewing angles.

These are still not used in consumer TV but are used in applications where supreme image quality and 24/7 usage isn't required.

Brightness tends to be 700 candela per meter squared.

At the bottom you have the TV panel range.
These are the drabs that make their way into our TVs.
They change models every 5 minutes and have very cheap electronics, and much lower brightness, usually around 400 candela per meter squared.

However they offer a couple of lines inside the TV panel range.
The high end manufacturers will use the narrow bezel, higher brightness model.

Then they also do what's known as an eco model.
Again brightness is sacrificed, as is the narrow bezel and some still use cold cathode fluorescent lamps instead of LEDs.

The price difference between the 2 above is only about £50, yet the TV sets can be hundreds of pounds apart.

Reason Sony charge so much more more is because of their position in the market, people will pay the extra because it's Sony. People love the name and are willing to pay for the pretty colours and super slim profiles.

Panasonic, Toshiba and the others have to price theirs more aggressively as that's where they sit in the market.

Think of it like provari and innokin.
The provari does exactly the same but it ten times the price, because they are known to be the premium brand and have that place in the market, and people will buy their products regardless of price as they want what is deemed to be the best.

Iphone is another example.
The hardware is always behind a lot of Android devices in terms of specs yet they are always more expensive, yet they still sell by the bucket load.

Hope you enjoyed the explanation.

I have worked in the LCD industry for 13 years now and have worked with Samsung for over 10 years.

If anyone is still alive / awake after reading the above, congratulations!

These are professional advertising displays, designed for 24/7 usage with high brightness, LED backlighting, wide viewing angles and high contrast ratios.

These go into advertising applications, like the screens in airports, shopping centres and train stations.

Next ate the B-DID.

These are still not used in consumer TV but are used in applications where supreme image quality and 24/7 usage isn't required.

They change models every 5 minutes and have very cheap electronics, and much lower brightness, usually around 400 candela per meter squared.

Again brightness is sacrificed, as is the narrow bezel and some still use cold cathode fluorescent lamps instead of LEDs.

The price difference between the 2 above is only about £50, yet the TV sets can be hundreds of pounds apart.

Reason Sony charge so much more more is because of their position in the market, people will pay the extra because it's Sony. People love the name and are willing to pay for the pretty colours and super slim profiles.

Panasonic, Toshiba and the others have to price theirs more aggressively as that's where they sit in the market.

The provari does exactly the same but it ten times the price, because they are known to be the premium brand and have that place in the market, and people will buy their products regardless of price as they want what is deemed to be the best.

The hardware is always behind a lot of Android devices in terms of specs yet they are always more expensive, yet they still sell by the bucket load.

I have worked in the LCD industry for 13 years now and have worked with Samsung for over 10 years.

That was a truly authoritative response. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I really don't mean to go off topic, but it has kind of already happened!

I read this the other day...
The Future Is Bright, The Future Is … Quantum Dot Televisions | IFLScience

Do you think that tech will trickle down to consumer tech as soon as they claim?

Quantum dot is coming and the speed of technology and the race between Samsung and LG to lead the TV industry means they are always racing to bring out the latest technologies.

The trouble you will have is the price, remember when LCDs first replaced CRTs, and you needed upwards of £1000 to buy a 32".

We will see this again with a huge price rise.

You will also have an issue with the ultra HD content.
Very few players are able to output true 4K, 3840 x 2160.

You will then have the wait for the set top boxes to catch up, then pay a premium for Sky 4K and then there will be very few channels offering 4K content.

Like when the first Sky HD boxes were released, you had to pay a couple of hundred quid for the new box and they had like 6 channels in HD.

It is the way of the future but it's going to be a while before we are all watching 4K in our living rooms with our quantum dot TVs.

Thanks for the article though, an interesting read if your an LCD freak like me :)

Next ate the B-DID.

The pedant in me has to point out that Apple were the first place phone manufacturer to release a handset with a 64-Bit ARM processor, so they're not always behind the Android phones in terms of hardware.

The pedant in me has to point out that Apple were the first place phone manufacturer to release a handset with a 64-Bit ARM processor, so they're not always behind the Android phones in terms of hardware.

True :)

I actually use iphone, as does all my friends and family.

So I stay with iphone as I have a shed load of apps I am not willing to buy again and the OS just works, makes it very easy to share files and photos.

Before a fanboy thread gets going, I'm sure Android have their own system which works too.

But when you get a new flagship phone from Samsung they do always go all out on specs, plus have expandable memory etc.

From a feature vs price it should be a no brainer but yet iPhones are still always in high demand :)

Back
Top Bottom