What's new

Keep vapes out of sight in shops

So why do folk hate that someone stops smoking using a disposable?
You're missing the point

There is a big difference between hating disposables for legitimate reasons and hating people that use them to quit.

Would I rather said people quit using something like a pod system that is at least rechargeable?
Yes.

Would I prefer someone to smoke instead of using a disposable.
No!

See the difference?

With various sales and discounts you can buy a pod system and juice for the same as a pack of disposables, laziness is the excuse we are given but since when was laziness something to be celebrated?

BTW @DMAN I'm not trying to attack you here, just trying to give you a different perspective.
if anything I've said has offended you that was not my intention.

I'm not missing the point. I think you are.
Folk are quitting the fags using disposables, but some folk want them banned.
I hate the litter that they seem to cause, but that is a different issue.

It's not different at all.
Those people could use any pod system and have the exact same ability to quit smoking without all the trouble they're causing.

It wouldn't cost them any more money

It wouldn't be as convenient for under age users

It wouldn't be littering not only the streets but littering the market with hundreds of inferior products.

The reason big vape companies are jumping on the disposable bandwagon is because they're ludicrously cheap to make and people who don't know any better are lapping them up.

I think there is an assumption being made, that folks are/should be interested in charging, refilling, saving money and the planet, many will not be and some buying them through choice.
Do I wish they weren't lying all over the streets of course I do, there needs to be some incentive to return them.

I understand what you’re trying to say and I agree with your sentiment.
I hate them because of the wastage and litter issues, but that is part of the same problem.
My first ‘vape’ was intended to look like a cigarette , had a limited number of puffs and was disposable. The issue being now is that through marketing and ease of availability they’re everywhere, more people are using them and they’re somewhat seen as a trendy thing to do.
That equates to lots of waste product which is a problem. It is not a problem that exists solely with disposable vapes, but the batteries and the sheer amount of these things being discarded daily is an issue that has to be addressed.

Then from a business perspective when long time juice and hardware companies go to the wall with at least part of the responsibility resting on the shoulders of disposables then you have to accept there will be lots of hostility towards them and I get that too.

I understand what you’re trying to say and I agree with your sentiment.
I hate them because of the wastage and litter issues, but that is part of the same problem.
My first ‘vape’ was intended to look like a cigarette , had a limited number of puffs and was disposable. The issue being now is that through marketing and ease of availability they’re everywhere, more people are using them and they’re somewhat seen as a trendy thing to do.
That equates to lots of waste product which is a problem. It is not a problem that exists solely with disposable vapes, but the batteries and the sheer amount of these things being discarded daily is an issue that has to be addressed.

Then from a business perspective when long time juice and hardware companies go to the wall with at least part of the responsibility resting on the shoulders of disposables then you have to accept there will be lots of hostility towards them and I get that too.
You said it better than me. :)

In an ideal world people would be able to pick up a disposable, use it to quit smoking, recycle it properly and potentially add many years to their life.

But this is not an ideal world we live in. It is a sad yet unavoidable fact that most of the people on this shitty little planet of ours, are selfish, lazy and tragically stupid.

With the way disposables are being used at present, they are doing a lot of damage to the environment and the vape industry reputation.
And the only way to prevent selfish, lazy and tragically stupid people from using them is to stop them being made.

In an ideal world people would be able to pick up a disposable, use it to quit smoking, recycle it properly and potentially add many years to their life.

But this is not an ideal world we live in. It is a sad yet unavoidable fact that most of the people on this shitty little planet of ours, are selfish, lazy and tragically stupid.

With the way disposables are being used at present, they are doing a lot of damage to the environment and the vape industry reputation.
And the only way to prevent selfish, lazy and tragically stupid people from using them is to stop them being made.

Also agreed. We live in a fast paced society where speed takes priority over doing the right thing.

The people create the demand and the product plays to the people’s requirements.

We could cull the people and use the wastage as compost. That would offset the waste created from disposable Vapes and make them carbon neutral.

There, solved it. Next stop- Policing in America, world peace and the identification of Vladimir Putins body doubles using only a spy glass and smelling salts.

Back
Top Bottom