What's new

Keep vapes out of sight in shops

there’s also this distinction being made between responsible disposal of these things and throwing them in the street. does anybody know of any recycling scheme for them? if i was puffing them, there is certainly not any way that i am aware of that i could put them to be recycled. i don’t think there is a way. i suspect all of them are going in the landfill one way or another. there are big vendors who state on their website that the best way to discard them is to put them in your household waste.

the only way you could partially responsibly dispose of them would be to take them apart and recycle the pets you can, and that would defeat the purpose of the thing being disposable anyway.

This is what needs to improve, it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibilities ....that if you sell them you take them back.

The trouble with that is. As I said earlier, the majority of people are selfish, lazy and stupid.

Even if there were facilities in place for every retailer to give a discount return policy, I suspect a large portion of the people discarding them would be too lazy to do it.

If you take a look at the streets outside night clubs and pubs, it's hard to imagine the sort of pissed up douchbag who couldn't even be bothered to put a disposable in the bin, would be the sort of person to utilise a recycling scheme.

The trouble with that is. As I said earlier, the majority of people are selfish, lazy and stupid.

Even if there were facilities in place for every retailer to give a discount return policy, I suspect a large portion of the people discarding them would be too lazy to do it.

If you take a look at the streets outside night clubs and pubs, it's hard to imagine the sort of pissed up douchbag who couldn't even be bothered to put a disposable in the bin, would be the sort of person to utilise a recycling scheme.

I dunno a pound a return n me and @zouzounaki will clear Glasgow nightly :)

I'm not sure how it would affect manufacturing costs but if one of them made a disposable where the battery could be safely and easily removed after use it would help with the problem but at this point even that would be a plaster on a bullet wound.

It's nice to hope that the supplier has something similar set up with the manufacturer but I'm a cynical prick so I suspect they're heading straight to landfill

even if they did, the manufacturer in china will surely be dumping them in the landfill.

Lol there is a cap of up to 20p discount per, I think.

I was at a concert recently and you get £1 refund for returning your drinks cup..... I kid you not there was a guy shouting to his wife "Mary get all them cups that's the taxi fare home sorted" :)

Back
Top Bottom