What's new

Keep vapes out of sight in shops

Also agreed. We live in a fast paced society where speed takes priority over doing the right thing.

The people create the demand and the product plays to the people’s requirements.

We could cull the people and use the wastage as compost. That would offset the waste created from disposable Vapes and make them carbon neutral.

There, solved it. Next stop- Policing in America, world peace and the identification of Vladimir Putins body doubles using only a spy glass and smelling salts.
Agreed, particularly with the culling.

I find it quite depressing that so many of the big brands are swooping in to gobble up some of that dirty disposable money, even this forum is now tainted by it.

I often find myself thinking that if every disposable that is unethically discarded were to explode in the morons face instead the world would be better off.
But no, That would just give the anti vape movement more reasons to get people back on smoking.

Agreed, particularly with the culling.

I find it quite depressing that so many of the big brands are swooping in to gobble up some of that dirty disposable money, even this forum is now tainted by it.

I often find myself thinking that if every disposable that is unethically discarded were to explode in the morons face instead the world would be better off.
But no, That would just give the anti vape movement more reasons to get people back on smoking.

That it would. But then you could apply the same method of thinking to many activities that are somewhat difficult to understand and/or are harmful.

You can change many things but unfortunately human nature isn’t one of them.

That it would. But then you could apply the same method of thinking to many activities that are somewhat difficult to understand and/or are harmful.

You can change many things but unfortunately human nature isn’t one of them.
It's a really powerful argument for mass murder. If you think about it there are very few problems on earth that wouldn't be fixed by removing 50% of the population.

Wow this conversation has taken a real turn hasn't it :18:

It's a really powerful argument for mass murder. If you think about it there are very few problems on earth that wouldn't be fixed by removing 50% of the population.

It has! But entirely necessary, and with substantial evidence for its execution. Literally. :)

the article is on the bbc website. it doesn’t have any adverts.
Well spotted, i did know this.

That was a comment on journalists as a whole, not the BBC, though they can get fucked if they think I'm paying a TV licence too.

there’s also this distinction being made between responsible disposal of these things and throwing them in the street. does anybody know of any recycling scheme for them? if i was puffing them, there is certainly not any way that i am aware of that i could put them to be recycled. i don’t think there is a way. i suspect all of them are going in the landfill one way or another. there are big vendors who state on their website that the best way to discard them is to put them in your household waste.

the only way you could partially responsibly dispose of them would be to take them apart and recycle the pets you can, and that would defeat the purpose of the thing being disposable anyway.

This guy had the right idea.
Screenshot_20230211-194559-002.jpeg

There is some talk that the UK government has already made plans to require either manufacturers or retailers to provide suitable recycling options.

I know that I have a local shop where I live that offers a discount on disposables if the user brings back the used ones.
When asked what is done with them they have said that their supplier has to take them back.

Back
Top Bottom