What's new

KFL2019 dry hits

I think my wicking is OK. I've had all the kayfuns from the KFL+ back in the day (all originals up to this point), except for the spaceship kayfun one that had 57 pieces, so I don't see why this should be any different. My last wick was spot on with regards to length of legs in the juice wells. It may be the o-rings. I did notice the larger bottom o-ring was very easy to move from it's threaded position so it may be that. I'll try replacing it and see what happens.

I think my wicking is OK. I've had all the kayfuns from the KFL+ back in the day (all originals up to this point), except for the spaceship kayfun one that had 57 pieces, so I don't see why this should be any different. My last wick was spot on with regards to length of legs in the juice wells. It may be the o-rings. I did notice the larger bottom o-ring was very easy to move from it's threaded position so it may be that. I'll try replacing it and see what happens.

There's definitely something not right with the tank. I had an O ring that was not positioned right on my Prime clone and it caused all sorts of problems with wicking. After sorting that I had no probs. It's a similar deck on the Lite and so it sounds like the same issue to me.

So, I went and bought an authentic KFL Lite 2019, got it this morning. I put the ultem bell cap I had previously on the clone. Built a 2.5mm 1ohm simple kanthal coil, installed it, wicked it, filled it up with 50/50 and not one dry hit after chain vaping for about 10 minutes. The satisfying bubbles from the juice holes rose after every toke. So, the clone I got must have had something wrong with it, as I've done nothing different with the build I installed. I'm happy out now. Great tank and no more dry hits. I'll keep the clone for spares.

So, I went and bought an authentic KFL Lite 2019, got it this morning. I put the ultem bell cap I had previously on the clone. Built a 2.5mm 1ohm simple kanthal coil, installed it, wicked it, filled it up with 50/50 and not one dry hit after chain vaping for about 10 minutes. The satisfying bubbles from the juice holes rose after every toke. So, the clone I got must have had something wrong with it, as I've done nothing different with the build I installed. I'm happy out now. Great tank and no more dry hits. I'll keep the clone for spares.
Glad it’s working now. Good isn’t it :)

Am pleased for you. It is one of the most forgiving wickers for me. See if you can compare the original to the clone and see where the fault is. I still think it might be an o ring not sitting right.

Am pleased for you. It is one of the most forgiving wickers for me. See if you can compare the original to the clone and see where the fault is. I still think it might be an o ring not sitting right.
From what I can see, a couple of the juice holes in the wells on either side dont appear to be machined out properly on the clone compared to the authentic. I think that's plausible as to why I was getting so many dry hits and having to pull on it without firing to get the juice to feed in to the cotton. Just back from lunch and happily chugging away on my new authentic one. Not even a hint of a dry hit. Happy days!!

Back
Top Bottom