What's new

Looking for suggestions for an MTL tank.

this has to be asked.
are you priming the coils first and starting at a lower wattage or going straight in at i guess 10-14watts.
also what juice and what ratio vg/pg is it.
Yeah definitely, I prime the coil, usually leave the coils to sit in the tank with liquid for at least an hour before I use it and always start vaping at a lower wattage, so I think it's safe to say that's not the issue.

I did try to persevere with the zenith tank, I used the 0.8, 1.2 then both the 0.48 and 0.5 Plex coils but I really didn't enjoy any of them,

Yeah, I

Thanks, I'll definitely have a look at this too! I hadn't looked at the Fireluke tank before. You reckon the coils will last longer than the Nautilus?
I couldn't say definitely as I don't really use nautilus coils to be able to compare.

If you can tolerate a 3 week wait it may be looking at Dvarw FL MTL and Kayfun Lite Plus clones on AliExpress, both an absolute doddle to build on - the Dvarw comes with a range of airpins (don't be tempted by one without airpins) and the Kayfun Lite can be adjusted from super tight to airy with a single screw. Both are available from around £20 and are hard to beat.

All you need to build is a small spool of 26, 27 or 28 gauge wire (I prefer 26 as I find 28 a bit too skinny) and a pouch of cotton and it will last years. Coils will gunk up just as fast as stock coils, but you can just throw out the cotton, clean the wire and rewick in a couple of minutes - or just ditch the coil and cotton and start again as the cost of a few inches of wire is miniscule.

With both you don't need any tools as the little blue screwdriver shaft is an ideal size for wrapping wire around for a small MTL coil (although it is tiny and a bit shit for a screwdriver) and once the coil is clamped between the posts you can just twist the ends of the wire (helicopter style lol) and the excess 'leg' length will snap off. All you need is a pair of scissors to cut the cotton to length. Eventually you will find yourself buying a few decent tools if you get into rebuilding (particularly a decent screwdriver or two, wire snips and decent scissors) but you don't need much to start out.

Buying an RTA can be a bit intimidating at first but there are a lot of Youtube vids and once you get the hang of it generally it only takes a few minutes to build a single coil MTL tank.

If you can tolerate a 3 week wait it may be looking at Dvarw FL MTL and Kayfun Lite Plus clones on AliExpress, both an absolute doddle to build on - the Dvarw comes with a range of airpins (don't be tempted by one without airpins) and the Kayfun Lite can be adjusted from super tight to airy with a single screw. Both are available from around £20 and are hard to beat.

All you need to build is a small spool of 26, 27 or 28 gauge wire (I prefer 26 as I find 28 a bit too skinny) and a pouch of cotton and it will last years. Coils will gunk up just as fast as stock coils, but you can just throw out the cotton, clean the wire and rewick in a couple of minutes - or just ditch the coil and cotton and start again as the cost of a few inches of wire is miniscule.

With both you don't need any tools as the little blue screwdriver shaft is an ideal size for wrapping wire around for a small MTL coil (although it is tiny and a bit shit for a screwdriver) and once the coil is clamped between the posts you can just twist the ends of the wire (helicopter style lol) and the excess 'leg' length will snap off. All you need is a pair of scissors to cut the cotton to length. Eventually you will find yourself buying a few decent tools if you get into rebuilding (particularly a decent screwdriver or two, wire snips and decent scissors) but you don't need much to start out.

Buying an RTA can be a bit intimidating at first but there are a lot of Youtube vids and once you get the hang of it generally it only takes a few minutes to build a single coil MTL tank.
Sadly the stock on aliexpress has plummeted due to the new China tax laws, its still possible to find vape gear on there but its not as easy as it once was.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to try find a Fireluke 22 and give that a shot, I do prefer the idea of stock coils if they can last for more than a few days.. It's strange that the coils in the pods will last 2-3 weeks no problem though?

On a separate note, anyone have any suggestion for liquids available in the Uk that won't kill the coils so quickly!?

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to try find a Fireluke 22 and give that a shot, I do prefer the idea of stock coils if they can last for more than a few days.. It's strange that the coils in the pods will last 2-3 weeks no problem though?

On a separate note, anyone have any suggestion for liquids available in the Uk that won't kill the coils so quickly!?
What kind of flavours are you after?

Just got the LVE Orion ll pod kit. Great bit of kit and I'm reliably informed that the coils last a good while.

Back
Top Bottom