What's new

Looseish MTL at 0.5Ohms Claptop SS

omroth

Postman
Hey all.

I'm testing on a Hastur MTL Mini, an EHPro True, and a Berserker V2.

I've been vaping at about 0.9 Ohms SS 28AWG, and it's been decent.

I've got some "0.64" Ohm 2-30/40 SS Claptons from Coilology (and they're called MTL coils.) They're reading on my mod as 0.4Ohm so I added another twist or so to get to 0.5.

I'm smoking 50/50 juice.

It seems good so far, but I'm having difficulty remembering what everything tastes like. I know a lot of people MTL at 10-12 W, and this is more at 17W... and seems decent! I know I know it's all about what works for me, but I'd still be interested in hearing from other loose-MTL fans about their experiences.

Chyars.

It is about what works for you.

My bother in-law vapes around 17-19w MTL, though so it's not that unusual. It feels way too 'violent' for me though.

It might depend how long you like to draw for, I prefer lower power and taking longer draws. It gets too hot for me towards the end of my draw at higher power. I'm not into popping and crackling either, I like a very mellow vape.

That's good info. I prefer shorter draws - I like it to heat up pretty quick.

That's good info. I prefer shorter draws - I like it to heat up pretty quick.

That makes sense then, it is about getting the right combination of elements that work for you. Everything clicked together for me when I started using SS wire (plain) I probably vape an unusually low resistance/low power/low voltage combination but it works for me. I only have 2.62v applied to my coil right now, on a mech that would be a dead battery! :D

I use either Coilology MTL Staple or VV 2-30/38 5 wraps between 0.50 and 0.70 ohms at 18 - 20 watts with a loose draw. I think my idea of a good MTL is probably closer to RDL for most but super restrictive 0.8mm air inserts make my lungs feel like I've spent the day blowing up balloons.

Thanks Crispy. That sounds close to my ideal (but I certainly literally do mouth-to-lung, not DL.)

Remind me - you're a fan of the Hastur right

And the Coilology Staple comes in a couple of types: is it the green one here:

upload_2021-5-4_14-49-54.png

Thanks Crispy. That sounds close to my ideal (but I certainly literally do mouth-to-lung, not DL.)

Remind me - you're a fan of the Hastur right

I think there is another member with 'Crispy' as part of their ID. I' haven't tried the Hastur - MTL is probably the only vape category rabbit hole I haven't ventured into - I've got loads of DL single/dual coil DL RDA/RDTA/RTA but only 3 dedicated MTL atties - at the moment I'm happy with the KF Lite 2019 - I've got the Lite+ on my shopping list but I won't be buying the supertight MTL masochist pin..

I

And the Coilology Staple comes in a couple of types: is it the green one here:

View attachment 246197

I buy spools of the Ni80 Staple 4-.1*.3/40 3.06 ohm/ft. Its probably the Ni80 same wire as the one listed in the chart, but I've found 5 wrap 2.5mm i.d. to be closer to 0.50 ohms. If I try more than 5 wraps I find it too fidldy and hot-spotty on my KF and Berserker decks - some can probably do it but I've got shaky, arthritic crap hands...

I vape tight Mtl at about 12 to 14 watts. However it makes sense to have a bit more airflow to match the higher power.

Back
Top Bottom