What's new

muji vs labo

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
My Muji pads weight more than Labo, 0.10g more, 0.58g Muji, 0.48g Labo.

I have no scales with that resolution, so I can't compare...
The main difference is the structure of the cotton, muji is more dense. Labo is perhaps more processed, Labo needs less raking, it falls into the wick channels easier, always less chance of a dry hit with Labo, but Labo can hotspot
in the middle of a mesh strip, much more often than Muji.

To be fair, if what has been said is true (and I have no reason to think otherwise) then either will most likely work just fine for me.

Most importantly, I just want it to wick nicely and not taste like I'm vaping dry socks while it breaks in...

If it's a different thickness or density to what I have, wasting part of a pad to adapt cuts really isn't the end of the world.

For perspective, I maybe average 1 wick per week, ish. Maybe more if I'm in a DTL mood. I currently get 8-10 wicks out of a 60*80 pad.

Extrapolating that, a pack of 120 pads would/should last 10-20 years.........

Maybe I should stop thinking :hmm:

The main difference is the structure of the cotton, muji is more dense. Labo is perhaps more processed, Labo needs less raking, it falls into the wick channels easier, always less chance of a dry hit with Labo, but Labo can hotspot
in the middle of a mesh strip, much more often than Muji.

i definitely think labo is less processed. there is no need to “rake”, fluff it out, or even peel the top and bottom layers off of it. just cut a wee bit, stick it through the coil, put the other ends where they go and you are all set. i couldn’t be at all arsed with cotton that needed me to be interfering with it with little tools. :)

To be fair, if what has been said is true (and I have no reason to think otherwise) then either will most likely work just fine for me.

I think that's true, I also think it might be true that you may prefer one to the other.

I'm sure someone would send you a labo pad to try if you asked nicely. ;)

I think that's true, I also think it might be true that you may prefer one to the other.

I'm sure someone would send you a labo pad to try if you asked nicely. ;)

I could, the thought honestly hadn't crossed my mind...

So - would anyone be willing to send me a Labo pad, and the same person or someone else a Muji pad (from one of the big packs, in case the ones I have are different again...)?

Obviously I'll cover the stamp!

Edit to add: please(!)

Back
Top Bottom