What's new

New DIY'er Looking for any Tips and advice

Nice bundle of flavours there mate. I like to mix blueberry Extra with Tpa juicy peach and 1 other flavour. Usually have the blueberry at 6 or 7% and the peach at 4 with a supporting one at 3 or so. Nice and sweet. You could pop 3% of the blueberry jam in as well.

Harshness for me is usually because of too much of one concentrate. If you can identify which one then just use less. Flavour art mts can help smooth out a mix at up to 0.25%. I usually go 3 drops per 10ml myself.

Noticed your concentrates are all Tpa or cap. Tru getting some inawera and flavour art as well but they are stronger so you need to use a lot less of them.

Nice bundle of flavours there mate. I like to mix blueberry Extra with Tpa juicy peach and 1 other flavour. Usually have the blueberry at 6 or 7% and the peach at 4 with a supporting one at 3 or so. Nice and sweet. You could pop 3% of the blueberry jam in as well.

Harshness for me is usually because of too much of one concentrate. If you can identify which one then just use less. Flavour art mts can help smooth out a mix at up to 0.25%. I usually go 3 drops per 10ml myself.

Noticed your concentrates are all Tpa or cap. Tru getting some inawera and flavour art as well but they are stronger so you need to use a lot less of them.
Thanks @Gitchy I haven't used some of them yet, wouldn't normally choose a few of them they were free from the Alchemists Cupboard celebrating their 5th birthday lol

I'm probably going to have to get some more concentrates any recommendations from inawera and flavour art?
What is Flavour art mts?

I'll definitely give that one a go:
(TPA)Blueberry extra: 6%
(TPA)Juicy peach: 4%
Maybe leave it like that !
Or try (CAP) juicy lemon 2-3%

I'll maybe steer cleer from cap sweet flavours for a while.

I'll definitely have a shot at getting some flavour art and inawera.

Thanks @Gitchy I haven't used some of them yet, wouldn't normally choose a few of them they were free from the Alchemists Cupboard celebrating their 5th birthday lol

I'm probably going to have to get some more concentrates any recommendations from inawera and flavour art?
What is Flavour art mts?

I'll definitely give that one a go:
(TPA)Blueberry extra: 6%
(TPA)Juicy peach: 4%
Maybe leave it like that !
Or try (CAP) juicy lemon 2-3%

I'll maybe steer cleer from cap sweet flavours for a while.

I'll definitely have a shot at getting some flavour art and inawera.

MTS is mellow, thick, smooth. It's an additive by flavour art that can take away harshness a little with a few drops and at higher levels gives an illusion of the vape being thicker too. It can mute flavours though so you've got to be pretty sparing with it.

Flavour art ones I have so far are fuji apple, blackcurrant, pear, forest Fruits, meringue (as a sweeter), watermelon. There are a few more I want to get as well. They're a lot stronger than cap or tfa so you get more for your money but check out the recommended percentages on elr.

Inawera ones I have are shisha strawberry, shisha raspberry, raspberry, blackcurrant, menthol. I'm just getting into these but liking them a lot. The blackcurrant and strawberry are amazing. Again quite strong flavours.

Can you tell I like fruit lol.

Hello @James Crabb

Read the thread with interest, im just about to attempt and make my first tester mixes this week. Keep us updated, ill be stumbling a few month behind. No doubt wondering my lemon and cake.. Plus blueberry and cream taste nothing like they are meant to :)

Hello @James Crabb

Read the thread with interest, im just about to attempt and make my first tester mixes this week. Keep us updated, ill be stumbling a few month behind. No doubt wondering my lemon and cake.. Plus blueberry and cream taste nothing like they are meant to :)

I've been in the middle of moving to a new home.... really nice but it's a brand new home so been going through all the snagging issues etc and now the fitters and builders are coming back to complete the snagging issues so it's been stressful to say the least.
I'm hoping to mix up a little batch of something tonight, I'm gonna stay away from the mango for the time being because I can't seem to get away from the harshness and I just want a successful mix lol

In the past few days ive picked up...

Blueberry extra
Cheesecake graham mix?
Bavarian cream
Lemon

Tonight i mixed up lots of combinations in 10 ml bottles.
Hoping one pays off. Ill give them a week before testing.

Im picking up strawberry and vanilla custard on monday and will do more trials. And take it from there.
Im hoping that srrawbeery, cream and cheesecakes a safe bet.

Howdy all its been a while i know but i've had a lot on my plate as i've been super busy.

Just got a few questions i have been running tests on my pg, vg, flavours and nic.
- Testing the pg and vg together = Zero harshness,
- Testing the PG, VG & Flavours = Zero harshness,
-Testing PG, VG, Flavours & Nic = Harsh!?!

So i tried a new nicotine source as i have assumed it is my nic, which arrived yesterday and i mixed some today gonna test the outcome soon

I have been mixing by weight and just wondered if someone could check my calculations just to ensure im not just adding too much Nic?

10ml Bottle - 1 Flavour - 75vg/25pg
72mg 100% VG Nicotine used - Desired Strength 3mg

Nic - 0.52g
Vg - 8.92g
Pg - 1.56g
Flavour - 1.0g (10%)

Screen shot added of calculator and Weight table used

EJSNIP1.PNG EJSNIP2.PNG

Calcs look ok to me, not sure where that's leaves you now tho

Cheers, I appreciate you looking over them for me I really didn’t think I’d got anything wrong but you never kno.
All this leaves me with now is to test the mixes I made with the new nicotine and hopefully that will have solved my harshness issue..... if not I suppose I can just reduce the amount of nic from 3mg to 1.5mg or something like that

Wish me luck :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom