What's new

New DIY'er Looking for any Tips and advice

I will heed your advice and read up whilst I wait for the goodies to arrive!
Got my syringes and bottles today!

Any suggested threads to start me off on here? Already looked through the links posted here so any others would be gratefully received :grin2:

The mega recipe thread's a good start. I tend to just read stuff as it comes up on here. Can get a few good tips now and again.

So the journey begins!

All my supplies have arrived and I have made my first tester bottles of juice! Three 5ml bottles of juice, the 1st is a mango rubicon flavour. 2nd is a grape, apple and black-currant flavour. And lastly a simple black-currant.
Just letting them steep for a few days before I try taste test them :yahoo:

So the journey begins!

All my supplies have arrived and I have made my first tester bottles of juice! Three 5ml bottles of juice, the 1st is a mango rubicon flavour. 2nd is a grape, apple and black-currant flavour. And lastly a simple black-currant.

Good luck mate.

So the journey begins!

Nice one mate. What blackcurrant did you get? I'm really into blackcurrant at the moment. Really liking the inawera one.

Nice one mate. What blackcurrant did you get? I'm really into blackcurrant at the moment. Really liking the inawera one.

I got the Flavour Art one, smells amazing I'll let you kno how it tastes in a few days ! How long do you normally let your juice steep for?

I got the Flavour Art one, smells amazing I'll let you kno how it tastes in a few days ! How long do you normally let your juice steep for?

Aye I like the flavour art one. Goes really well with fuji apple. I add a bit menthol for the missus and she loves it.

As I said the inawera one is really good too. I mix it at 5.5% with 3% inawera shisha strawberry and it's amazing. Been mixing loads of that lately.

Might try the grape, apple and blackcurrant combo myself, sounds good.

Sorry, forgot to say I always leave my mixes a week if it's fruit. Some like to shake and vape, others leave it a couple of days but I find a week gives the juice time to get a proper flavour to it. Maybe 4 days with a single flavour but any more and it's away for the full week.

I'll probably leave all of mine 4 days before I try them, im currently giving them a shake once a day as well to agitate the liquid and mix it up. Should I be opening the bottles daily as well or just leave them shut?

I was looking at inawera which I'll have to try at some point too.

Yeah, 4 days is usually fine for fruits. I got sick of the odd one not being steeped enough so I tend to leave them all for a week to make sure.

I don't bother breathing any of my liquids by opening them up. I know a lot of folk really believe in it and I do 'burp' some bottles occasionally by expelling the air in it and closing it up again, especially with ice creams, cheesecakes and the like but that's more so I can have a good sniff at how they are rather than for steeping purposes. It's all personal choice really.

Let us know how your first mixes turned out when they're ready.

Back
Top Bottom