What's new

New DIY'er Looking for any Tips and advice

I will do @Gitchy

I'm going to make a couple more adventurous flavours today.

Firstly im going to try a blueberry jam and sweet cream

secondly a banana and vanilla custard

and lastly just a simple sweet mango

Edit: added a raspberry ripple ice cream flavour concentrate I had to the list

Wish me Luck!!

:diy:

I'm going to try my first three flavours tomorrow or Monday

Last edited:
My Mixing Supplies:

IMG_0062.JPG

Nice mate. Looks good. I like the idea of the blueberry jam and sweet cream. Also love raspberry ripple. I've been using a recipe from elsewhere that's brilliant but needs a longish steep.

Just made up some blackcurrant, Strawberry and grape so looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Nice mate. Looks good. I like the idea of the blueberry jam and sweet cream. Also love raspberry ripple. I've been using a recipe from elsewhere that's brilliant but needs a longish steep.

Just made up some blackcurrant, Strawberry and grape so looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
Thanks.
The raspberry ripple is a Alchemists Cupboard concoction, I ordered my concentrates from there and got a goody bag of freebies in my delivery because they were celebrating their 5th birthday and it was one of the free ones!! Didn't know anything about it until I received my order in post :)
I ordered a load more on Friday so I have a wide variety to make my mixes more elaborate and complex, they should arrive this coming week.

Hi all,

So just a little update, I steeped my first 3 mixes for 4days just shaken daily and left in a cool dry dark place.
I tried one of my mixes and it was a tad too harsh, felt a bit peppery/tingly on the throats and tongue.

I mixed a 5ml bottle to 3mg strength and used 0.21ml of vg nic to achieve this, overall ratio was 70vg 30pg. Was wondering why this might be? Not long enough steeping? Wrong steeping method, should I have left the lid off for a 12-24hr period before starting the steeping process?
The flavours were sweet mango, sweet lychee and sweet tangerine all CAP and my nic is from nicotine72mg.co.uk and vg and pg bases from lubrisolve?

Any suggestions would be great?

I've read that a peppery taste usually means the nic has turned bad.
Try another recipie with different flavours but same nic.

Could be the nic. Could be they need a longer steep.

I find cap sweet mango quite harsh at higher percentages so I tend to mix it with Tpa mango as well. Gives a nicer mango flavour as well. Don't know about the others but I know some folk breathe citrus as it can be quite harsh. Too much flavour could be making it harsh.

You could try a tester of one of them without nic to see if it's that.

I do steep some of mine for 4 days and if it's harsh I leave it another 3 or 4 days and that usually sorts it out. Don't get a peppery taste though.

Ah yeh I'll leave them a bit longer, I tried the straight black currant I mixed at the same time with the same strength nic and it is no where near as harsh, and I think the first one was not so much peppery but harsh on the throat that's all.
I'm going to leave them for another 4days or so then they would of had a full 8days which is probably what I should have done in the first place.

Still not touched the first two batches I made again. I plan on waiting for a total of two weeks steeping time now with everything I mix.

I have just done a couple more flavours
5ml testers again. 3mg vg nic

Cherry cola 70vg/30pg
Peach tea 70vg/30pg
Blueberry lemonade 80vg/20pg
The Black clone 70vg/30pg

Just sitting them in their third warm water bath over night to speed up the steeping process and mix the flavours effectively. In the morning I'll store them with my first couple of batches to steep in dry cool dark drawer for a week then I'll test them and possibly steep for a further week.
I'm getting the impression that patience will be the key to success with mixing :)

Back
Top Bottom