What's new

New to Vaping? There's a lot more to it than you think.

Diablo

Achiever
As I sit surrounded by a vast array of vape gear, I find myself contemplating the fact it's all arrived in less than two years.

This sprawling mass of text is pretty much what I say whenever I get someone genuinely interested in trying vaping.

When I first started down the vape route in an attempt to stop giving HMG tax money they don't deserve, I initially went for a cigalike. It was a bit crap, well, a lot crap actually and I failed to stick to it. After some more time paying the taxman I came into possession of a vivi nova. At the time, for me, it was a game changer as it showed me there was a way to get more satisfaction out of Vaping than my first attempt had provided.

i have no doubt a lot of people try vaping with cigalikes and a fair proportion fail to stick with it, worse though, they likely believe all the vaping gear is going to be the same. That may be the same for those who buy something expensive, it may just not be right for them.

so for anyone new to the game, remember this, there are masses of different setups and not all suit everybody. If your first (even second or third) device doesn't do it for you, don't give up. Keep trying for a bit longer. Whatever you buy isn't wasted money if it works out you would have spent the same on cigs during the attempt.

if you spend fifty quid a week on cigs and are going to try and commit to vaping, spend fifty quid on vape gear and give it a week. If you bought reasonable kit you should get at least half to two thirds of the device costs back when you sell it, a much better exchange rate than you will get for your used dimps. By reasonable, I don't include ce4s and blu cigs in that description, those to me (and the majority I would think) are throwaway items.

remember, reviews, suggestions, thoughts and advice will only get you so far. What I like as the perfect vape may well not be the same as the vaper next to me. I know people who use CE4 stuff and it works for them. Recently I was caught out by a flat battery and given a ce4 setup to carry me over for the day. I couldn't wait to get back to my own gear by the end of that day, it was bloody awful though I was still glad of the device for the day.

there are bigger and better built tanks that vape like a ce4, that a ce4 user would consider a good upgrade, and for them it is. Equally, there are bigger and better tanks that wipe the floor with a ce4 (in my opinion) that those same ce4 users may well actually hate vaping.

So, early doors, what do you get? What milligram nicotine level do you go for? What will suit you? Guess what? Nobody really knows. We can all share our opinions, but until you actually use a device in anger, even you won't know what you actually need.

whatever you buy, keep it as simple as reasonably possible.
That said, I will never suggest a mech as a first device (despite it being mechanically as simple as you get). Anybody I know who went mech first has zero respect for the battery dangers. I even have a colleague who has had the battery repeatedly shorting in a mech to the point he can't touch it with bare hands, but despite me always saying bin the battery and buy a new one, he still insists on using that same battery. Mechs deserve a respect for the potential dangers they present that should put off any first time users.

So, whatever you get, keep it simple and easy to maintain. If it's a tank, get something with easy to replace coils. Make sure you have spare coils. Try different ohms ratings if you can get them. If you take to it and want to look at coiling your own, then build up to it once you know what actually suits you.

try different nicotine strengths. If you aren't sure, get an 18 and a six mg nic in the same flavour, if 18 is too much you can always reduce the nic level by using half a tank and topping it up with the 6mg.

Dont necessarily try and replicate your cigarette flavour with vape flavour. Some people love the tobacco flavour of ecigs, but there are lots of options there. Me personally, I tried one and absolutely hated it. I soon found I preferred the sweeter flavours of vanilla and the like. Be open minded with juice choices.

also remember, (using vanilla as an example) one companies vanilla may be nothing like the next companies vanilla. The same applies for every common option out there.

its rare that anyone gets it exactly right on day one. In the same way that a lot of us when we smoked used to try different brands and knew what we liked after using them for a while (in my case, if I forgot my cigs, I used to hate asking my mate for a cig as he smoked Marlboro lights and they were gopping compared to my staple of B&H gold).

Anything that keeps us off the stinkies is good. Whether you spend a lot or a little is solely down to you. Don't be fooled by the prices though. Just because it's expensive doesn't necessarily make it the best option.

But whatever you do, give it a proper try. Don't just try one device then write them all off as the same, they most certainly are not.

As I sit surrounded by a vast array of vape gear, I find myself contemplating the fact it's all arrived in less than two years...

...It's True Then........Fasttech ARE Getting Quicker!!:grin2: (Sorry, Could n't Resist!!! Seriously Good Advice Tho'...Should Be a Sticky in New Users Sec.)

You deserve a medal just for typing all that !!

Love Peace Vape

Even then, as we all know, that's just the tip of the iceberg really. It got huge just touching on the basics. Wish I had spell checked and grammar checked it better now. Funny how what looks correct as you type it suddenly goes bat shit crazy as soon as you hit send (nothing changes, it just seems a proof read before hitting send and the same proof read after it goes live are two very different animals).

if it helps others though it has to be worthwhile, errors and all. It would be wrong to correct it now though. Too many people have liked it as it is. So the grammar and spelling stays as is.

Even then, as we all know, that's just the tip of the iceberg really. It got huge just touching on the basics. Wish I had spell checked and grammar checked it better now. Funny how what looks correct as you type it suddenly goes bat shit crazy as soon as you hit send (nothing changes, it just seems a proof read before hitting send and the same proof read after it goes live are two very different animals).

if it helps others though it has to be worthwhile, errors and all. It would be wrong to correct it now though. Too many people have liked it as it is. So the grammar and spelling stays as is.

awesome first post, this post is also bang on!

Diablo, that's pretty much my story, but I've only been at it for 6 months and don't need a room for my vaping gear...yet.

With the cig-a-like, which I failed at, I knew if I could find better gear and juice I could do it, and the research began and I haven't looked back. I'm sitting here vaping on the Istick that was waiting in the mail box when I got home tonight, with a 91% clone sitting on top.

Back
Top Bottom