What's new

Noobie Vaper in need of some help

ElnaAdrift

Hey! A nice lad over on Reddit sent me over.

I've been looking into vaping and I would like to start, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of options and technical information, the names also confuse me. I didn't know that there was so much. My boyfriend smokes and I was hoping to get him to do vaping instead, I'm also wanting to do it, so I figured I should get both of us our own. We've already tried vaping a little bit, so we already know how we feel about it.

I don't know what would be a right fit for what I'm looking for, and I'm not sure if the options are different in eastern Europe compared to Canada ? I'm looking for something repairable (trying to learn how to repair), and long and skinny, like a cigarette, or much longer. Probably going the juice route, but nothing that goes too deep into the lungs either... Am I just looking for a unicorn ? I also heard you can wreck your vape if the liquid is too thick ?

Are there any companies you recommend, or any types ? Any information would be really great, I'm completely out of my element.

I don't want to be the dummy that gets something thats not needed and makes a mistake. I apologize if I'm being a little dumb here, I just want to be a little more informed about it.

TLDR; Pretty confused, looking for a juice vape, long cigarette-like, non-disposable and repairable.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @ElnaAdrift and welcome to the planet.
will move this to the new user questions section where you might get more replies.

Firstly is it Canada where you live as laws and regs differ country to country. also most suppliers that will be posted will be uk suppliers so would help to lknow.
youve had part of your post edited as this is a UK based forum and we cant openly talk about certain things on here.

youve tried vaping before. what sort of kit did you use. also what strength nicotine.
cig a like, looks like a cigarette and roughly same size with replaceable tip.
pen type, looks like a large pen with a screwable tank on the end which can be refilled.
tube mod, large round tube which you put a tank on top.
box mod, squarish box which takes one or two batteries.

from your discription you want a long skinny like a cig or much longer. this sounds more like cig a like or pen type and they are not really repairable as sealed units. only the filter or tank is a throw away and replace.

there is two main types of vaping. MTL mouth to lung similar to a cig where you inhale into mouth and then take down to lungs. uses low wattage so higher nicotine can be used. this uses thinner juice like 50vg/50pg this can be used with higher nicotine and average in uk is 18mg (20mg is max allowed in uk).
or DTL inhale directly into lungs. this uses higher wattage and gives much bigger clouds.this is best with thicker juice like 70vg but lower nicotine like 3-6mg
not sure about wreck you kit but yes using a thick juice in a pen type which is more suited at 50/50 will burn out your coil as juice is too thick.

TLDR; Pretty confused, looking for a juice vape, long cigarette-like, non-disposable and repairable.
picture on right sounds like similar to what your after but not sure they exist when it comes to reparable asbattery is sealed and tank is replaceable.
IMG_20150424_174827.jpg

Hi @ElnaAdrift and welcome.

Forgive me if I am giving you information you already know, I'd rather do that than leave out something important if you don't know it.

When you say repairable, I think you mean that you are looking to build your own coils? It which case you will need an RTA tank (or pod) of some kind.

Generally I'd say it is better to get a mod device with a removable battery (so that you don't have to mess about charging it, you can just swap the battery out and carry on vaping). But batteries are quite big so it might not be as skinny as you like. Look at the Ehpro 101 for a reasonably priced tube vape. It's not that skinny though (22mm). You will need to buy a tank to go with it.

If skinny is important to you, you might be better looking at a rechargable device (referred to as internal battery). But if you are flexible on that point, I would recommend going for a traditional mod and tank because it will give you a lot more options.

To replace smoking, in the first intance I would look for MTL (mouth to lung) tanks as opposed to DTL, or sub-ohm. MTL are designed to give you a decent throat hit and an experience similar to smoking cigarettes.

Another option to consider:

I don't know if they're available where you are, but there is a device called a Reflex (by Evolv). It's not cheap, nor does it have a removable battery, nor is it rebuildable. So it might not be what you're looking for. But they're really small, look decent, and they're draw activated. The harder you draw, the more vapour it produces. So it does resemble a cigarette quite closely.

Vape kit isn't what you would call repairable other than replacing o-rings and tube sections in tanks so perhaps you could clarify what you mean by repairable?

It sounds like you are after a pen style e-cig or pod kit or maybe a cigarette like e-cig.

Back
Top Bottom