What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

i spoke with Lee on FB & got this reply.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Prime Vapes
Mike Heath nothing is set in stone about flavour bans yet, they have suggested they will be talking about it. Lots of the manufacturers, owners of shops and distros have all joined forces on a large group chat on WhatsApp to discuss this and are working together to do all we can to protect our business.
For now, we must continue as normal and help disposable vape customers switch to a pod kit, as the disposable ban is happening.

Hi all, apologies for not being active more on here recently, we’ve been unbelievably busy since opening the high street shop and expanding online/distro etc.

Believe me everyone in the industry is fighting this behind the scenes in a very well thought out manner, as a giant team. There are some very powerful people in the group with connections to high profile legal teams, media links, web designers and people with deep pockets to fund a massive campaign. And we’re all chipping in, in one way or another to get the word out there. Between us all, we can reach practically every vaper in the UK and their loved ones, friends and family.

For what it’s worth, I can’t see it happening to be honest, the way the UK has backed vaping for so many years to be pulling a U turn like this would cause a massive uproar. I think our friend Rishi just has a weird obsession towards hating bubblegum.

For now, whilst joining in to get the word out, me and my team will be focusing our efforts on switching disposable users to pod kits heavily. As we don’t want to loose them back to smoking and result in less voices to make a noise about it.

Happy to post updates as soon as they become available.

Many thanks

Lee

Hi all, apologies for not being active more on here recently, we’ve been unbelievably busy since opening the high street shop and expanding online/distro etc.

Believe me everyone in the industry is fighting this behind the scenes in a very well thought out manner, as a giant team. There are some very powerful people in the group with connections to high profile legal teams, media links, web designers and people with deep pockets to fund a massive campaign. And we’re all chipping in, in one way or another to get the word out there. Between us all, we can reach practically every vaper in the UK and their loved ones, friends and family.

For what it’s worth, I can’t see it happening to be honest, the way the UK has backed vaping for so many years to be pulling a U turn like this would cause a massive uproar. I think our friend Rishi just has a weird obsession towards hating bubblegum.

For now, whilst joining in to get the word out, me and my team will be focusing our efforts on switching disposable users to pod kits heavily. As we don’t want to loose them back to smoking and result in less voices to make a noise about it.

Many thanks

Lee

That sounds encouraging mate. Good to hear from you.

That sounds encouraging mate. Good to hear from you.

You too rew, I hope you’re well mate?

It is nice to be honest, there are lots of big egos in the group but it’s nice to see everyone working together again rather than competing for a change. Has an old days nostalgia to it.

Whatever the gov think they are doing about it I’m sure they are aware they will need to think long and hard about it, they also have a lot on the line if a ban comes in to play;

How will the millions of pounds of bounce back loans be paid back from all the vape companies?

The industry is massive, will we all just pack up our bags and turn up to the job centre together all at once?

Vapers may turn back to smoking, costing the NHS billions in medical treatment for smoking related diseases in the future.

Risks of loosing votes, millions of people in the UK vape, banning will piss off a massive group of their voters.

Just to name a few, question is, will they risk it all over a blue razz bubblegum? I think not personally but we’ll see. And fight it to the death in the meantime.

If they by some miracle manage to put this through, good luck banning food flavourings. It’ll be like post TPD all over again. The industry is good at adapting, we’re a clever bunch and we’ll find a way.

Same as the disposables, sure they’ll ban them. But boss man up the road in his shadey shop will still get them flown in from abroad and sell them under the counter, it’ll just go underground. If people want something, someone will get it. The amount of people walking past my shop puffing 9 million puff disposables tells me that!

Many thanks

Lee

thanks for the above info & hope you are right ive signed the petition & all we can do for now is wait & see.

I was watching a vapingwithvic vid and said that ukvia should fork out for a lawyer as a member was doing a crowdfund page

They get close to about 550,000 pounds a year and the lawyer thing needed 75,000 pounds, also they are a member of ukvia.

I had a 40-minute conversation with John Dunne today on the phone.

It is a very complex situation but yes the fight is there, however, this is dealing with parliament and the UK government there are lots of things I cannot say in an open discussion but I will say you need to sign the petition and put rounded good points to your mp about how flavors helped you quit smoking the more the better

but most importantly the new consultation on flavours must be filled in when it happens.

The map is interesting, you can hover over your constituency (or wherever) and see how many people have signed

upload_2024-2-18_9-6-35.png

Back
Top Bottom