What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

Just been chatting to V101, they have just put posters up in store, and are putting a banner up on their site and putting links in their emails. That will get to a good few more people. Hopefully more follow suit.

Nicely done. I was going to speak to Andy about it next time I was in the shop.

You could suggest adding a QR code to the in store posters with a link to the petition embedded.

@Andrew_Vaping_101

Nicely done. I was going to speak to Andy about it next time I was in the shop.

You could suggest adding a QR code to the in store posters with a link to the petition embedded.

@Andrew_Vaping_101

Think he’s on it. I can’t take credit, I was just bugging him about emails including it and he said he’s going to do that as well.

The Big Cheese is also working on mass emailing the forum's membership. Most may not be active on the forum and many are not from the UK but with 56k registered members it may hopefully add a few singatures.

All associations, groups are the same, once they have your hard earned cash they don't give a fuck. Much like MP's, they will be your best friend until you have voted for them. In life there are givers and takers and the takers don't need you once they have taken, until the next time they want something.

Correct. But what I don’t understand is that the UKVIA, for example, stand to lose a lot if these restrictions go ahead. You would think they would be doing all they can to fight it. But they seem to be staying silent. So far at least! If I was a member I would be questioning why they don’t have a representative at parliament

Correct. But what I don’t understand is that the UKVIA, for example, stand to lose a lot if these restrictions go ahead. You would think they would be doing all they can to fight it. But they seem to be staying silent. So far at least! If I was a member I would be questioning why they don’t have a representative at parliament

If people and companies want to throw money at these so called Action Groups then more fool them.

No they aren't silent.. to be fair.

They've sent this letter to the PM.

https://www.ukvia.co.uk/wp-content/...ndustry-Association-to-the-Prime-Minister.pdf

and this is their official response to the consultation

https://www.ukvia.co.uk/ukvia-response-to-the-governments-disposable-vape-ban-other-measures/

.. and this is other stuff they've been doing.

Speaking up for vaping

The UKVIA has been working hard to advocate the potential public health impact of vaping to government, MPs, peers and public health bodies.

Activities have included:

Appearing as a witness before the Health and Social Care Committee in the House of Commons, as part of the inquiry into youth vaping. You can see the recording of our evidence here.

Providing industry submissions to key consultations, including the UK Government’s Youth Vaping Call for Evidence, which can be viewed here as well as the Scottish Government’s review of the environmental impact of disposable vapes, which can be found here.

Directly engaging with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), as well as executive agencies including Public Health England (PHE) and the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), on the importance of promoting vaping products to smokers and key industry challenges.

Undertaking wider stakeholder engagement by liaising with and briefing key bodies and organisations, including the Local Government Association, Cancer Research UK, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, Chartered Institute of Trading Standards, and many more.

Closed down November 2023, might be worth seeing who's still about or at least tory wise not intending to fook off come the GE
Screenshot_20240216_154904_Chrome.jpg

How many Vapers are there in the UK ?. I have signed the petition and am also thinking whats the point. When i last looked there were 5,773 out of how many Vapers. This is the reason petitions fail, some vapers obviously don't give a flying fuck about vaping. I will never sign anything else regarding vaping, when it's gone it's gone. Before i signed this new one i knew that people responding to it was going to be low, one of the reasons i wasn't going to sign. People have a annoying habit of letting others down, Ordered my last E-Liquid yesterday and that will be the last i order. Once my Liquid has gone then i am.

the petition will fail because the issue that it’s about will already be debated in parliament anyway. petitions are really for things that nobody is paying any attention to. if it gets 100000 signatures it doesn’t mean they’ll do what it asks. all is means is there will be a debate. half the time it happens when there are ten MPs in there. and if it’s already debated or one is scheduled within a certain time frame they just bump it any way.

i signed it, but have no illusion it will make any difference, except maybe raise awareness.

Back
Top Bottom