What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

i’ll give you the mad dog, but in my experience the wickeds and daft sugary cider and suchlike are marketed and appeal to students.

it’s nasty stuff i was always more of a fortified wine sipper myself :)

Maybe it's a regional thing. The underage drinkers in Aberdeen definitely go for the bright and colourful options... at least when I'm buying it for them from the local Premier Store :54:

(That last bit is a joke by the way, before anything thinks otherwise!)

I actually live near a couple of schools and when taking my youngest to nursery at lunchtime today I saw a bunch of secondary kids, 2 were vaping disposables and the other 3 were passing around a cig. Make of that what you will, but kids will always do things they're not supposed to. Doesn't matter how they were raised, what their background is or how much money they come from. I was in the Smoke Busters in the late 80s/early 90s and was a proper little Nazi about it, yet I ended up smoking enough weed over a 23 year period to put Snoop Dog to shame.

Every time one of my teachers ran out of fags they'd come and turn me over coz they knew I always had some they could confiscate so I had to hide them well.

Last edited:
How many Vapers are there in the UK ?. I have signed the petition and am also thinking whats the point. When i last looked there were 5,773 out of how many Vapers. This is the reason petitions fail, some vapers obviously don't give a flying fuck about vaping. I will never sign anything else regarding vaping, when it's gone it's gone. Before i signed this new one i knew that people responding to it was going to be low, one of the reasons i wasn't going to sign. People have a annoying habit of letting others down, Ordered my last E-Liquid yesterday and that will be the last i order. Once my Liquid has gone then i am.

How many Vapers are there in the UK ?. I have signed the petition and am also thinking whats the point. When i last looked there were 5,773 out of how many Vapers. This is the reason petitions fail, some vapers obviously don't give a flying fuck about vaping. I will never sign anything else regarding vaping, when it's gone it's gone. Before i signed this new one i knew that people responding to it was going to be low, one of the reasons i wasn't going to sign. People have a annoying habit of letting others down, Ordered my last E-Liquid yesterday and that will be the last i order. Once my Liquid has gone then i am.

Most vapers buy their supplies and move on, they don't treat vaping as a 'hobby' and pay just as much attention to it as they did buying cigs. Many will buy supplies anything from once a week to once a month and will go to a shop get their stuff and leave, Forums/social media won't be on their radar or of any interest to them.

People whose livelihood depend on it need to be a little more pro-active and high street shops and online retailers hopefully will draw their customer's attention to it and the numbers will increase over the coming weeks.

The total numbers who signed so far aren't great, but the petition has only been open for 1 day. Hopefully it will improve over the coming weeks as more people get to hear about it

There is not as many people employed in the vape industry as I thought...est 17,700 in 2021....but that includes indirectly.... supermarkets, wholesalers, garages and the like that wouldn't really be affected by any new laws.
The petition should do well, but well enough Im no sure.

These petitions run for 6 months plus we have the upcoming public consultation and probable group legal challenges by various vape businesses so there is still time to try to influence things.

i’ll give you the mad dog, but in my experience the wickeds and daft sugary cider and suchlike are marketed and appeal to students.

it’s nasty stuff i was always more of a fortified wine sipper myself :)
Thunderbird. The choice of sophisticated reprobates nationwide.

Back
Top Bottom