What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

I didnt think you'd be long with the criticism @zouzounaki I expected nothing less from you! You know full well the reviews are NOT illegal, my audience is global and not restricted to the UK.
My comment was a legitimate one but as always you want to mock and belittle someone who is part of the Vaping community.

no, the reviews are not illegal, but from the perspective of most people posting here the reviewed devices are. i thought i was clear but apologies if poorly worded.

no, the reviews are not illegal, but from the perspective of most people posting here the reviewed devices are. i thought i was clear but apologies if poorly worded.
The devices are only illegal in the UK. If you bothered to look you would find that my latest disposable reviews that dont conform with the TPD rules mention that they are not sold in the UK/TPD regions.
There was nothing clear about your comment, you worded it exactly as you set out to do.

I wondered when a comment like that would come in. I'm writing a quick news piece that I will post in the next couple of days that will include a link to the petition.
I will put a link to the news post here and hopefully it won't be deleted by the moderators.
As you know my comment was referring to manufacturers and retailers of vape e-liquid who will have a far bigger audience in the UK than I do.

I know quite a few UK vendors who are prepping to get the word out to their customers. The petition only came out yesterday, so I suspect that are in the very same position that you are in.

I agree that it needs everyone to get involved. But, I think it means everyone, not just the large manufacturers/vendors you wanted to point the finger at. It's everyone's problem, and apathy is why we are where we are...

The devices are only illegal in the UK. If you bothered to look you would find that my latest disposable reviews that dont conform with the TPD rules mention that they are not sold in the UK/TPD regions.
There was nothing clear about your comment, you worded it exactly as you set out to do.

i think it is still subject to uk advertising standards and rules, though.

exactly this. bizarrely, a simple “don’t ban bloo slushee flavour” would created a better opportunity. at least if debated there would be a need to rationalise why a restriction should be placed in that particular flavour, rather than the easy response to this, which is that flavours are not being banned, but rather restrictions are being introduced.

I would have hoped for a reference to the abundance of weird and wonderful flavoured alcohol in the petition too, which by their logic would also be appealing to children.

I would have hoped for a reference to the abundance of weird and wonderful flavoured alcohol in the petition too, which by their logic would also be appealing to children.

nobody’s banning it, though.

to be fair most youngsters i see drinking have bottles of buckfast or strong beer or cider. i think the alcohol you mention is more popular with students and middle class gin drinkers.

Front page of https://petition.parliament.uk/ Popular and getting some movement...

upload_2024-2-15_12-9-12.png

Drip Hacks getting in the game with an email blast. Link to the petition included.

upload_2024-2-15_12-17-54.png

I know quite a few UK vendors who are prepping to get the word out to their customers. The petition only came out yesterday, so I suspect that are in the very same position that you are in.

I agree that it needs everyone to get involved. But, I think it means everyone, not just the large manufacturers/vendors you wanted to point the finger at. It's everyone's problem, and apathy is why we are where we are...
I agree, EVERYONE needs to step up and have their say. If the same happens that happened with the disposable ban, very few people voiced their objections.
This is a flavour restriction/ban, who will have the widest audience, vendors/retailers. A massive proportion of people buying/using flavoured e-liquid, be that shortfill or concentrates wont know what is going on.
I'm not pointing the finger I'm simply making the comment that if this is going to have the effect and outcome that we all want then it needs to be widely known about and NOT what took place with the disposable ban.

Back
Top Bottom