What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

I'm definitely spreading the world. My involvement with the UK based vaping industry is very limited. The handful of companies that I deal with in the UK have not responded which I find strange as its their livelihood.

Just had a look on your site. Not one mention.

Who wrote that shite? My kids could do a better job. We need a better structured petition.

rather than been negative how about you & your kids write another petition ??

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

We’ll have to reject your petition if:

• It calls for the same action as a petition that’s already open

The Petitions Committee can:

• write to you for more information
  • invite you to talk to the Committee in person about your petition – this could be in Parliament or somewhere else in the UK
  • ask for evidence from the Government or other relevant people or organisation

This is why I asked who Jade Goodman is.

"We may contact you about the issue covered by your petition. For example, we sometimes invite people who create petitions to take part in a discussion with MPs or government ministers, or to give evidence to a select committee."

Not that any of this is likely to happen but these petitions do need to be started by someone who knows exactly what they are talking about, has all the information to hand and hopefully has some kind of angle or good argument that could steer the government in a different direction.

I don't want to be negative but I'm not seeing any of that here. These petitions aren't just a show of hands.. we'll see how the gov respond at 10,000 but I can already imagine what it will be.

Have to agree with previous comments. Could have been worded an awful lot better. But having said that, any one of us could have started the petition ourselves and didn't, so that's what we get.

Just had a look on your site. Not one mention.
I wondered when a comment like that would come in. I'm writing a quick news piece that I will post in the next couple of days that will include a link to the petition.
I will put a link to the news post here and hopefully it won't be deleted by the moderators.
As you know my comment was referring to manufacturers and retailers of vape e-liquid who will have a far bigger audience in the UK than I do.

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

We’ll have to reject your petition if:

• It calls for the same action as a petition that’s already open

The Petitions Committee can:

• write to you for more information
  • invite you to talk to the Committee in person about your petition – this could be in Parliament or somewhere else in the UK
  • ask for evidence from the Government or other relevant people or organisation

This is why I asked who Jade Goodman is.

"We may contact you about the issue covered by your petition. For example, we sometimes invite people who create petitions to take part in a discussion with MPs or government ministers, or to give evidence to a select committee."

Not that any of this is likely to happen but these petitions do need to be started by someone who knows exactly what they are talking about, has all the information to hand and hopefully has some kind of angle or good argument that could steer the government in a different direction.

I don't want to be negative but I'm not seeing any of that here. These petitions aren't just a show of hands.. we'll see how the gov respond at 10,000 but I can already imagine what it will be.

exactly this. bizarrely, a simple “don’t ban bloo slushee flavour” would created a better opportunity. at least if debated there would be a need to rationalise why a restriction should be placed in that particular flavour, rather than the easy response to this, which is that flavours are not being banned, but rather restrictions are being introduced.

I wondered when a comment like that would come in. I'm writing a quick news piece that I will post in the next couple of days that will include a link to the petition.
I will put a link to the news post here and hopefully it won't be deleted by the moderators.
As you know my comment was referring to manufacturers and retailers of vape e-liquid who will have a far bigger audience in the UK than I do.

surely your global audience would interested though? :)

probably couldn’t fit it on there for all the illegal disposable reviews :)
I didnt think you'd be long with the criticism @zouzounaki I expected nothing less from you! You know full well the reviews are NOT illegal, my audience is global and not restricted to the UK.
My comment was a legitimate one but as always you want to mock and belittle someone who is part of the Vaping community.

.. rather than the easy response to this, which is that flavours are not being banned, but rather restrictions are being introduced.
.. to which the logical response would be "the restrictions are mandating that certain flavours will be banned"...
i.e. that "easy response" you envisage would be a lie...

Back
Top Bottom