What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

Why is that a bad thing necessarily?
(I presume you thinks it's bad because of the unhappy smiley)

Nic pouches are for sale everywhere these days...

i don’t have any problem with people puffing bongs and suchlike but i believe this is the kind of thing that creates a negative and problematic stereotype for vapes. right across the road is a giant vape shop called “filling station” that is decorated like a sweet shop.

no doubt a few years ago the legal highs would also have been in the same cabinet.

i don’t have any problem with people puffing bongs and suchlike but i believe this is the kind of thing that creates a negative and problematic stereotype for vapes. right across the road is a giant vape shop called “filling station” that is decorated like a sweet shop.

no doubt a few years ago the legal highs would also have been in the same cabinet.
You may be right.. and undesirable or unscrupulous sales tactics certainly don't help...
.. but I mainly blame the press and politicians for negative and problematic stereotypes for vapes...

I do wish such professionals could get their facts straight "Nicotine pouches are not regulated in the same way as conventional and e-cigarettes (as they do not contain tobacco)" , the only e-cigs that contain tobacco are heated tobacco devices.

You may be right.. and undesirable or unscrupulous sales tactics certainly don't help...
.. but I mainly blame the press and politicians for negative and problematic stereotypes for vapes...

It started with snapbacks and tatts, and bearded ladies.... have you seen the state of Bogan, he was the image 10 years ago, he does seem stuck though:)

the press are responsible for some misinformation and hysterical reporting. but they didn’t create the types @Rickster mentioned, the obsession with clouds bro, cartoon character marketing, deadbeat youtube celebrities etc.

... but they didn’t create the types @Rickster mentioned, the obsession with clouds bro, cartoon character marketing, deadbeat youtube celebrities etc.
I think those aspects (except cartoon character marketing) are pretty much irrelevant to what's going on with vape restrictions...

e.g. if you don't like Bogan (or what he looks like) then you're not gonna watch him.
And there are so many different ways of getting vapes these days, you don't have to encounter beardy tatt bros in order to get them...

And the unfortunate vape fashion (that seems less prevalent these days), I don't ever recall seeing it portrayed in the media as a reason to be negative towards vaping (unless I've missed it).

I think those aspects (except cartoon character marketing) are pretty much irrelevant to what's going on with vape restrictions...

e.g. if you don't like Bogan (or what he looks like) then you're not gonna watch him.
And there are so many different ways of getting vapes these days, you don't have to encounter beardy tatt bros in order to get them...

And the unfortunate vape fashion (that seems less prevalent these days), I don't ever recall seeing it portrayed in the media as a reason to be negative towards vaping (unless I've missed it).

My comment was tongue n cheek to point out that vaping never really had a good image, I like Bogan, but I wouldn't want my daughter bringing him home for tea in the garden :)

i’m not sure, i suspect these things are often more complicated than they seem on the surface.

My comment was tongue n cheek to point out that vaping never really had a good image, I like Bogan, but I wouldn't want my daughter bringing him home for tea in the garden :)
I’ve met Sam many times he will be at one point sitting in my garden this year but I haven’t got a daughter his vape “persona” and the person who is Sam are two different people he as a person is a educated really nice guy quite well spoken and open to a conversation, but his vape persona is the vape market, that is the problem with the market the uk is very much tats beards and alike I see it all the the time at the shows. Other countries I deal with like Saudi and France are more image related where the mod fits the image of a well healed user the difference is marked, the uk is all big clouds similar to the USA. When the ban happen perhaps the market will reset lots of companies will pull out diy will increase

Signed it, even though the wording of the petition is like dragging nails down a chalkboard

if you don't like Bogan (or what he looks like) then you're not gonna watch him..

Absolutely, most vapers, let alone politicians dont even know who Bogan is. In any case it's just a front, it's what he does, it's not who he is, same with most of em.

Back
Top Bottom