What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
It was probably about week, for me. I was a long time smoker that got really sick. Finally, went to the doc and was told I had to be admitted for pneumonia. While in the hospital, I was told I also had COPD. When I got out, my daughter gave me one of her disposables. I smoked a couple of cigs in the first week, but after that, I gave them up. Now, the smell of them disgusts me.

1day for me, my first kit was a kangertech battery with a sub tank mini.
Second hand and badly damaged it leaked like crazy and the strawberry custard from pure evil wrecked the coils in about a day and a half.
Then I got a smok alien with a tfv8 and when that exploded (litterally) I got a minikin 2.
From there is was rda's galore until about a week later I got my first mech.
The long and short of it is I went from smoker to hobbyist vaper in the space of a month and was never even tempted to start smoking again.

About 9 hours for me, had a cigarette slightly over a year ago just before bed, 2 days after my wedding, woke up the next day and started vaping my Caliburn G that was in the drawer. Not had a single draw of a cig since

Washed my hands before bed Jan 26th 1991 ... and thought that smells awful. Unfiltered rollies lingering.
Ordered a Vapouriz Fuse the next day. 2 days later never smoked another fag. The Fuse lasted 4 months before it stopped charging.
Bought a 88Vape 50w Mod (great draw)... lasted 3 days before it stopped working. A replacement lasted 2 weeks before it wouldn't fire up.

Bought a JustFog q16 (great coil life) which I used for 12 months before upgrading to a Drag X wanting more of a hit ... loads of leaky coils and a horrible drip tip (IMO) prompted me to buy a Zlide tank.

18 months later saved about £2000 from not smoking, definitely feel better for it. No dark shadows under the eyes, better breathing, no bruises from snoring ...

Some days someone smoking smells digusting,, some days it smells nice; but I know I will never smoke again

Washed my hands before bed Jan 26th 1991 ... and thought that smells awful. Unfiltered rollies lingering.
Ordered a Vapouriz Fuse the next day. 2 days later never smoked another fag. The Fuse lasted 4 months before it stopped charging.
Bought a 88Vape 50w Mod (great draw)... lasted 3 days before it stopped working. A replacement lasted 2 weeks before it wouldn't fire up.

Bought a JustFog q16 (great coil life) which I used for 12 months before upgrading to a Drag X wanting more of a hit ... loads of leaky coils and a horrible drip tip (IMO) prompted me to buy a Zlide tank.

18 months later saved about £2000 from not smoking, definitely feel better for it. No dark shadows under the eyes, better breathing, no bruises from snoring ...

Some days someone smoking smells digusting,, some days it smells nice; but I know I will never smoke again
Part of the reason I never went back to smoking is my partner at the time didn't quit with me and she staaaaank.
I couldn't believe I had been smelling so bad and never knowing.
Now almost 10 years later every time I try and get a friend or family member to make the switch that's always the first thing I tell them
"No offence but you stink!"

Bugger ... just wrote an essay but clicked on a banner by mistake without saving, in summary took a while but been 10 years now ... miffed.

I had an uphill battle with quitting. I quit for a year by vaping. Then I ran out of coils and juice at the same time with no money to buy any... But my husband had cigarettes on him. He never just only vaped until now. He finally got rid of the cigarettes and we've been only vaping.
We had our last cigarette before we went to bed on April 13th this year. I think we're doing great

Maybe less than a week? I was dual using for a while and would smoke on nights out but eventually just switched over completely.

I started Vaping years ago trying to cut down. I could never find the right kit that hit the spot. Not knowing I had tried high NIC in subohm tanks. Always told to get high NIC which killed me off. It wasn't till I ended up in hospital and I was told I would be more at risk if I smoked. Went cold turkey for a month while recovering. Got back to work and felt I needed a cigarette so I called in a Vape shop on my lunch and never touched a stinky since

Back
Top Bottom