What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
When I started vaping my intention was to reduce the amount I was smoking rather than actually quit cigarettes as I had no intention of actually stopping smoking. It wasn't until I'd been using both for a few weeks that I realised I was instinctively reaching for my vape instead of my tobacco and papers and I just made a decision to stop buying tobacco.

I think I carried on for another week having a smoke after meals but the tobacco started to go dry and 'dusty' so I threw it - so it was around 4 weeks to stop smoking - and I bought my last pouch of tobacco on the same day as buying my first vape kit.

How long?... Over 40 years...
This year will be my 10th anniversary of starting vaping... 10th anniversary of last cigarette will be early 2024.
It's been a journey.
:)

It just happened like a flick of a switch. But I never struggled with going without smoking for long stretches before.

Quit smoking & started vaping 8 years ago & haven't looked back,only ever used basic CE5 vapes,i'm in my mid fifties & started smoking when i was 12 years old.

Best not to look back, the price of a deck of cigarettes these days would shock you.

I was quite ill at the time on March the 9th 2020, suffering from Pneumonia and Heart Failure and some other infection. I hadn't been to sleep through the night and was sat on the Sofa smoking away, was about 6 am and was feeling pretty rough and decided to ring for an Ambulance which rushed me into Hospital. That was the last time i smoked, i joined POTV on the 23rd March 2020 and that's when my Vape Journey started but actually stopping smoking was around 6am on the 9th March 2020.

Best not to look back, the price of a deck of cigarettes these days would shock you.

Yea i can imagine!,i only ever smoked filtered roll-ups & was only paying £8 per 50g pouch at the time,i quit drinking at the same time,i was a weekend warrior,heavily involved in the bike club scene,i only meant to quit drinking for a few months to help keep me off the roll-ups but as time went on i realised i wasn't missing the hangovers,i'm a changed man now for sure.

I got my first vape, with some freebase juices, but I had no idea salt nic existed, so I didnt really enjoy it with those juices, hence why I kept smoking as well. Just a few cigarettes a day though, first week probs 5 cigs a day, then to three and once I got my salt nic juices in the mail I stopped smoking entirely.

1st day of vaping, I went and got a innokin t18 I think it was called. And I have never looked back. It's been 7-8 years now, people say imagine the money you save not smoking. Personally I don't see that now as I found vaping to be my hobby and there are many rabbit holes I've gone down and spent a small fortune on.

Back
Top Bottom