What's new

Possible Vape Tax...

A 25% tax on eliquid will have little to no impact on youth vaping. It's a great excuse for the government to raise some extra cash tho. IMHO.

A 25% tax on eliquid will have little to no impact on youth vaping. It's a great excuse for the government to raise some extra cash tho. IMHO.

This is my feeling too. In 35 years tax increases never once stopped me smoking. However, it is all speculation at this point.

Also I don't see how it will affect shortfills. A shortfill doesn't have any nicotine, surely they will only be able to tax the nic shots.

This is my feeling too. In 35 years tax increases never once stopped me smoking. However, it is all speculation at this point.

Also I don't see how it will affect shortfills. A shortfill doesn't have any nicotine, surely they will only be able to tax the nic shots.

Can buy 10ml bottles for as little as a quid. A 25% increase will have no impact. Even at a fiver a bottle it's a negligible increase. If a kid can already afford to vape then finding an extra pound or two isn't going to stop them.

Will have to wait and see, but the government is unlikely to pass up the opportunity to snatch some more cash from somewhere. Personally, I don't forsee the draconian doomsday restrictions coming that some quarters seem to fear so much, but time will tell.

IMG_4988.jpeg
Can buy 10ml bottles for as little as a quid. A 25% increase will have no impact. Even at a fiver a bottle it's a negligible increase. If a kid can already afford to vape then finding an extra pound or two isn't going to stop them.

Will have to wait and see, but the government is unlikely to pass up the opportunity to snatch some more cash from somewhere. Personally, I don't forsee the draconian doomsday restrictions coming that some quarters seem to fear so much, but time will tell.

A picture speaks a thousand words.
:21:

Tax raises revenue, bans lose votes, but we are talking politicians here so all bets are off.

Isn't it supposed to be disposables that underage vapers use, if so they don't buy e-liquid in bottles. But then logic has sod all to do with it if it's just a tax a raising exercise.

Back
Top Bottom