What's new

Question for some experienced vapers regarding builds + flavour..

So how would I go about getting a 26/38g wire like recommended? I wouldn't know how to build one so can I buy them pre-made? if so from where? Thanks in advance!

As above, I prefer NiChrome aka NI80 aka N80. Much better ramp up compared to Kanthal and the resistance isn't as low as SS. @Smut can help you if you want to buy some good quality pre-made coils.

Last edited:
Making a coil is literally as easy as wrapping wire around a screwdriver. And wire by the roll is very cheap so you can fuck up quite a few before you exceed the cost of a purchased one. Spaced coils being easier to make.. Wrapped.. Stretched.. Squashed.. Job done

Thanks I've always read that kanthal is the best but now I guess ill try NI80! how would I go about getting this 26+38 Ni80 wire then? I can only see some coils to buy that are 26+32 coming out at .1 (a bit low I think) and then all else I can see is standard wire that is seemingly a single gauge? (26, 28, 30..etc..)

What would I actually ask the shop?

Thanks I've always read that kanthal is the best but now I guess ill try NI80! how would I go about getting this 26+38 Ni80 wire then? I can only see some coils to buy that are 26+32 coming out at .1 (a bit low I think) and then all else I can see is standard wire that is seemingly a single gauge? (26, 28, 30..etc..)

What would I actually ask the shop?

Just to give you an idea, these are the kinda coils you want.... https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ntic-mkws-ni80-fused-clapton-pre-coiled-wires

Or even better, these which give you two different coils in one box with 26ga with 38ga wrap and 28ga with 40ga wrap.... https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-geekvape-2-in-1-n80-fused-clapton-pre

The first link take 5 days to ship and will take a while to arrive from China but the second link are in stock and ship next day. If you buy from FT always select UK Express shipping. But our own forum member @Smut sells some awesome coils tailored to your needs. Drop him a PM if you like. I bought some a few weeks ago and they're spot on. Most UK B&M shops sell cheap and crappy coils tbh.

Last edited:
I buy 24g NiCr wire. I don't use Clapton much now, tried em all and decided a good set of single wire spaced NiCr coils properly balanced and wicked is as good as anything. It comes down to airflow and juice quality more than anything else for flavour.

Back
Top Bottom