What's new

Questions, Questions, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
Perhaps I should’ve started a thread for each of these questions, but it seemed to me that it was kind of dumb starting 3-4 threads at the same time. So feel free to answer as many questions as you like, or none of them…

Boro tanks:
Which ones are the best? A simple Sxk pom tank? One of the old SupBox pc tanks? Limelight clone or invest in a real one? Mission tanks? Sxk S-Proro? Or does it make no difference at all, they all work and they all leak to some degree? :18:

Rba questions:

1) Does anyone use the “no-name” Dope clone? Is it any good? Sxk has stopped making them…

2) Does anyone use the “no-name” Mobb 2 clone? Unlike the Sxk version, it comes with a 1mm pin

3) Does anyone know if there is a difference in the chambers on the Vapeshell and Vapesnail? If possible, I’d like to use the chamber reducer from the Vapesnail on the older Vapeshell

4) Has anyone tried the Sxk Jenna? Does it leak through the positive/airflow pin? Do you enjoy it? Mtl/rdl?

Too many questions? Too much time on my hands? All answers will be greatly appreciated! :2thumbsup:

The SXK boro tanks are decent - simple and effective.

I have an authentic Limelight and a Crypt and they both leak from the lower seals.

I can't answer all your quiestions but the Limelight tank is really good and I got mine from Pro vapes they also have the sxk dope rba for sale. I use the dope a lot and it is very good but so are a lot of other rba's. I have quite a few different rba's for my Billet box and all work but it is very much a personal choice and you can spend a lot of money trying to find the right setup for you.

The SXK boro tanks are decent - simple and effective.

I have an authentic Limelight and a Crypt and they both leak from the lower seals.
Have to say, it’s a bit disappointing to hear… But does confirm my suspicions!

I can't answer all your quiestions but the Limelight tank is really good and I got mine from Pro vapes they also have the sxk dope rba for sale. I use the dope a lot and it is very good but so are a lot of other rba's. I have quite a few different rba's for my Billet box and all work but it is very much a personal choice and you can spend a lot of money trying to find the right setup for you.
I’m assuming you’re referring to the Sxk Limelight. I seem to remember @Phrasing saying that the Sxk is a mm smaller than the original, do no cross compatibility with the tanks.

As to spending a lot of money, I’m doing my best to whittle down my purchases (with everyone’s help here) to what I “need”. But isn’t spending a lot of money trying to find the perfect BB vape the exact definition of falling down the rabbit hole?

giphy.gif

Absolute it is!! but it's fun trying!
I’m assuming you’re referring to the Sxk Limelight. I seem to remember @Phrasing saying that the Sxk is a mm smaller than the original, do no cross compatibility with the tanks.

As to spending a lot of money, I’m doing my best to whittle down my purchases (with everyone’s help here) to what I “need”. But isn’t spending a lot of money trying to find the perfect BB vape the exact definition of falling down the rabbit hole?

giphy.gif
ly

I may well be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that the VapeShell Pins were slightly different to those that came with the VapeSnail and weren't compatible from one to another? I'll double check with Taasos @Atmizoo

I may well be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that the VapeShell Pins were slightly different to those that came with the VapeSnail and weren't compatible from one to another? I'll double check with Taasos @Atmizoo
I’m not sure, but I think you’re correct. However, I do believe that the airflow pins from my Dotshell will work in the Vapeshell… I’m really wondering most about the chamber/chimney reducer that came with the Vapesnail and is still available. Does it work on the older Vapeshell?

With most boro tanks it's luck of the draw and build that decide if it leaks, my crypts haven't leaked at all.
The spacepod is a really good looking tank but the back glass just adds another place it can leak from, the sxk one I bought came with a broken seal so I had to buy a replacement to make it usable.

The most reliable would probably be the sxk stock boro tanks since most bridges are designed with the stock tank in mind and therefore they probably use it for reference.

I have the vapesnail and it's really good, I personally don't use the chimney reducer because It spoils the flavour for me a little. The way it works is it slots into a gap that is left for it on the topcap/chimney section so I would think if the vapeshell doesn't have one it won't fit.

Every dope bridge I've tried, be it authentic, sxk and now 5a has worked perfectly, I haven't tried the noname but I guess it would be the same.

My mobb2 is authentic but I had the sxk one before that and it did come with a 1mm pin, so it depends where you get it. Mine was from 3fvape I think.

I don't have the sxk jenna but @SkyBlueJ does you could ask him.
Knowing the way jai haze vapes though I expect it would suck at mtl since jai always puts the biggest airflow in everything he reviews.

Perhaps I should’ve started a thread for each of these questions, but it seemed to me that it was kind of dumb starting 3-4 threads at the same time. So feel free to answer as many questions as you like, or none of them…

Boro tanks:
Which ones are the best? A simple Sxk pom tank? One of the old SupBox pc tanks? Limelight clone or invest in a real one? Mission tanks? Sxk S-Proro? Or does it make no difference at all, they all work and they all leak to some degree? :18:

Rba questions:

1) Does anyone use the “no-name” Dope clone? Is it any good? Sxk has stopped making them…

2) Does anyone use the “no-name” Mobb 2 clone? Unlike the Sxk version, it comes with a 1mm pin

3) Does anyone know if there is a difference in the chambers on the Vapeshell and Vapesnail? If possible, I’d like to use the chamber reducer from the Vapesnail on the older Vapeshell

4) Has anyone tried the Sxk Jenna? Does it leak through the positive/airflow pin? Do you enjoy it? Mtl/rdl?

Too many questions? Too much time on my hands? All answers will be greatly appreciated! :2thumbsup:
the SXK Boros are great tanks. Though I’d suggest buying original seals. At least for the glass door.
I avoid Acrylic Boros completely. Some juices have a nasty effect on it. And buy Derlin versions. Nowt wrong with Ultem it just tends to be much higher price than Derlin and even some aluminium Boros.

I’ve a clone dope, and it’s dope. Indistinguishable from an authentic. Good first buy, I’d say.
I’ve a Mobb 2 clone. It a very good RBA. I can’t compare it with an Authentic. But others rate it highly.

im thinking @John R @TartanSpartan or @Rob may be able to help with the snai/shell.

the Jenna is probably worth giving a miss. Again @John R had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom