What's new

Royal Fail!!

More like non-existent. Or faux-existent - even worse because I had to complete their stupiddamnstupid form with all the parcel codes and explanations each time.

It's whoever has contracted the courier I believe. Making them legally responsible for items in their care is intuitively appealing, especially if you've lost a bunch of stuff. But do we really want that?

Most couriers do offer insurance, but it's not cheap, and I think that explains why it's not mandatory (the inevitable price rise due to couriers becoming legally responsible for items in their care is essentially mandating that customers insure every parcel).
I look at it like this

if you employ a plumber to go round your mums and fix the khazi .... and he fucks it up, smashes her down pipe and looses the toilet roll - who should be responsible ? the plumber or you ?

I look at it like this

if you employ a plumber to go round your mums and fix the khazi .... and he fucks it up, smashes her down pipe and looses the toilet roll - who should be responsible ? the plumber or you ?

that would be you for recommending a cowboy plumber imo

I look at it like this

True! You can make couriers liable too though... if you're willing to pay (though the nose) for it.

Edit to add: I've worked as a lorry loader for a courier... it's proper graft and the way they get slung about... 1. Im surprised they dont lose more stuff, and 2. you should pack your parcel well!

Last edited:
I look at it like this

If he were self employed I’d go after him. But if he works for a company, I’d go after the company. In each case, they are the ones who made the contract with me.
Though they are subcontractors, if a firm sub contracts a courier to deliver. By definition it makes the sub part of their organisation.

what’s wrong is. For at least the last 13 years. Large and medium companies have had no need to compete. As result standards slip because basic governance is so poor.

Is Royal mail privatised? if not it should be and given to amazon immediately .....fkin about with wee PO shops that sell pot noodles disnae work

More like non-existent. Or faux-existent - even worse because I had to complete their stupiddamnstupid form with all the parcel codes and explanations each time.

It's whoever has contracted the courier I believe. Making them legally responsible for items in their care is intuitively appealing, especially if you've lost a bunch of stuff. But do we really want that?

Most couriers do offer insurance, but it's not cheap, and I think that explains why it's not mandatory (the inevitable price rise due to couriers becoming legally responsible for items in their care is essentially mandating that customers insure every parcel).
Thing with the insurance is - i dot think you should gave to pay extra to make sure they do the job properly they have been contracted to do at a given price ….

my mrs got a message today from one of her mates that she got her xmas card today sent on 4th dec , its only 20 miles away !
think we need to go back to carrier pigeons

Just to put a spin on it. I ordered bats from FogStar 11.30am Friday, and was here this morning at 10am. And thats normal no extra postage payed.
Think it all depends on the sorting centres the post goes through to get to you.

Yet RM still insist they are the best which is laughable considering i have had mail that's supposed to be delivered my RM being brought by Yodel and Evri. The Postal system is a complete joke like a lot of our industries. Where we were the leaders in most things we are now the worst.

Is Royal mail privatised? if not it should be and given to amazon immediately .....fkin about with wee PO shops that sell pot noodles disnae work
Royal mail and the Post Office are 2 totally separate entities.
RM are privately run, the PO is still state owned as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom