What's new

Royal Fail!!

I must admit, me being banned from the PO didn’t really put me in the frame of mind for a positive review. Plus he really is a twat!!:D

Lol .... I didn't know that review was from a POTV member :) .... Nice one!
evil laugh.gif

Our actual current postie is all right & he knows I work nights so if has a parcel for me & the wife is out he knocks loudly & waits for a good 5 mins for me to answer the door, now If I do miss a.parcel & have to go to the collections office them idiots are still only open one day per week between 8am & 10am & just lately anything I order I always try & select DPD CLICK & collect from local pick up its so much easier.

I must admit, me being banned from the PO didn’t really put me in the frame of mind for a positive review. Plus he really is a twat!!:D
That remains one of the funniest phone calls I have had to this day.

Yodel and magnificent in the same sentence, whodathunkit!

I rang up who I sent a large letter to 1st classed signed for and the good news is it has been delivered but tracking still says "Your item has been posted at a Post Office. As you've used our Royal Mail Signed For service, the next update you'll see is after we've attempted to deliver to the recipient." LOL.

Couriers are all pretty decent when they get things right. They can be very speedy and the people who work for them are often friendly and polite. But IMO the test is how they handle things when shit goes wrong.

Evri for example lost one of my returns. I had all the receipts, drop off location information etc. I completed their claim / investigation form 3 times over the course of a couple of weeks and never once got a reply. At that point the retailer just gave me a refund so I didn't bother to follow it up. But I certainly wouldn't use them again if I had a choice.

This is the only recent experience I've had of a courier service going wrong, so I have nothing to compare it to, but their response couldn't be much worse.

Couriers are all pretty decent when they get things right. They can be very speedy and the people who work for them are often friendly and polite. But IMO the test is how they handle things when shit goes wrong.

Evri for example lost one of my returns. I had all the receipts, drop off location information etc. I completed their claim / investigation form 3 times over the course of a couple of weeks and never once got a reply. At that point the retailer just gave me a refund so I didn't bother to follow it up. But I certainly wouldn't use them again if I had a choice.

This is the only recent experience I've had of a courier service going wrong, so I have nothing to compare it to, but their response couldn't be much worse.
Evri are known for poor customer service

frankly the laws on the right of responsibility for posted items needs to change.

At the minute the responsibility lies with the vendor / sender - it should IMO lie with the courier (inc royal mail) once they have taken possession of the parcel.
which believe it or not it doesn't. So you are entering a contract they have no obligation to fill.
Its like playing russian roulette.

this is why a couriers first answer to any customer query is “you need to contact the vendor”

wtf the vendor can do about it once the courier has lost/broken/stolen/rammed a fork lift through it is anyones guess.
That loop hole right there is why we have courier issues.

make them responsible for items in their care and it would soon change once they have to start paying for replacements.

Evri are known for poor customer service

More like non-existent. Or faux-existent - even worse because I had to complete their stupiddamnstupid form with all the parcel codes and explanations each time.

frankly the laws on the right of responsibility for posted items needs to change.

At the minute the responsibility lies with the vendor / sender - it should IMO lie with the courier (inc royal mail) once they have taken possession of the parcel.
which believe it or not it doesn't. So you are entering a contract they have no obligation to fill.
Its like playing russian roulette.

this is why a couriers first answer to any customer query is “you need to contact the vendor”

wtf the vendor can do about it once the courier has lost/broken/stolen/rammed a fork lift through it is anyones guess.
That loop hole right there is why we have courier issues.

make them responsible for items in their care and it would soon change once they have to start paying for replacements.

It's whoever has contracted the courier I believe. Making them legally responsible for items in their care is intuitively appealing, especially if you've lost a bunch of stuff. But do we really want that?

Most couriers do offer insurance, but it's not cheap, and I think that explains why it's not mandatory (the inevitable price rise due to couriers becoming legally responsible for items in their care is essentially mandating that customers insure every parcel).

Back
Top Bottom