What's new

Switch to RTA

Pot79

I’m looking for peoples opinions.
I’ve been sub-ohm, 40-50w, for years now but recently (not sure if it’s just me) I feel coils just don’t last. Once upon a time, I exclusively used fruity flavours with ANY coil (single, duel, quad) and would get 3-4 weeks usage no problem. Now it seems anything other than desserts with a single mesh coil only last a day or two. E.g. donut king with h7-02 has been going 10 days with no problem….my h7-03 with bananza shake lasted 2 days. I’ve tried 100’s of coil/juice combinations in the last 12 months with same outcome.

im now looking at RTA but the initial outlay is quite high…tank, coils, wicks, tool kits.

has anyone made the switch for the same reasons?
Do the coils/wick last as long/longer?
Is the flavour better?
Is it worth the initial cost?

the build side is no problem as I have a background in mechanical/engineering so I’m only interested in the value/enjoyment aspect of switching.

thanks for any of your options

The cost saving is night and day compared to stock coils and any initial outlay will be recouped in no time.
If you like mesh then have a look at the Geekvape Zeus X Mesh or Profile Unity.

Switching to RTA/RDA was the best move i ever did. The Coils last longer and you get better flavour especially so with Mesh. To me it's the natural progression of Vaping. Wicking can be a pita with some RTA/RDA's but once you get that right your on your way. You will soon start to save money, plus you can buy premade Coils till you start wrapping your own.

I am in a similar position and will be trying an RTA in the coming week, no real reason for doing it just fancy a go building, for my first i've ordered a QP Designs Juggerknt Mini but pretty sure something else will shortly follow.

100% worth it IMO, better/more consistent flavour, longer life from coils (just clean them when they get gunked up), wicks can be changed easily when they burn or get dirty, cheaper in the long run, less worry about certain types of juice ruining coils, more freedom with the type of coil and resistance etc.

Basically it's a win-win IMO. I got fed up with burning out coils that were supposed to last at least a week after a few days, sometimes not even a few days, so I made the jump and I've not looked back since really. I have bought a total of 3 coils for my favorite stock coil tank, a HorizonTech Falcon King, since I switched to RTA/RDAs and that was over Christmas period so I didn't have to rewick or change coils while I was not in a fit state to do so.

The initial outlay isn't any more than a stock coil tank and a couple of packets of coils really, wicks and wire are very inexpensive and you don't need expensive tools or kits. All I use is a 2.5mm bar and some cheap wire snippers.

Like @ADDicT I have i think 3 Sub Ohm Tanks one being my absolute Favourite Tank, The Augvape Intake that i buy coils for every now and then. Sub Ohm Tanks are great Stand Byes when you cba building.

Made the initial transition 4 years ago with a Cleito RBA head as I got f*cked off with coils burning out too quickly, haven't owned any stock coilers since then, initial issues were more getting to grips with wicking properly rather than coils.

As above. I'd check around with these guy's for the latest and greatest as I'm out of touch with big tanks. Look for the ones that are idiot proof wicking wise as there's nothing worse than a fussy tank.

RTAs all the way. I use some stock coils but only if I'm feeling lazy.

Back
Top Bottom