What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Maybe consider a Kanger Subtank Mini. Takes pre made coils. Can go from MTL to restricted lung hit, to full lung hit. Comes with an easy to coil RBA deck. For many it's the bridge from pre-made to making their own coils.

I've got one in the classifieds, as do a few others. Not the reason I'd recommend it though...

I have 2 already mate. ;)

..... and a nano that I'm vaping on right now :)

Really thinking of buying a couple of the rtas mentioned on this thread but don't think building, will be for me decisions decisions.
My primary enjoyment from vaping is flavour clouds aren't for me

The three tanks I bought from Fasttech cost me a total of £33.87, and at those prices, what have you got to lose? I found building a little difficult, but despite the combination of a small deck and Walls thick pork sausages for fingers, I still managed to put a satisfactory build on the deck and it's working a treat too.:18:

I vaped the Taifun all last night and whilst I did get a slight loss of flavour over the evening, I was expecting it to die, flavour wise, like my Nautilus does and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't.:14: So a huge thumbs up for the Taifun so far.:2thumbsup:

I've had the Calix clone on the mod today and the taste again is good, but not quite as good as the Taifun, in my opinion. I've found it a little difficult to get the airflow right with this tank and I found it needed a tweak of power up from 11 watts to 13 watts to got it into the zone. As with the Taifun, the taste did slightly fade and then stabilised. Maybe a little more time playing with the airflow will give me a better result with it. Lets see what the Kaifun Mini can do tomorrow.

This is how each tank looks on my istick.

20160521_184125.jpg 20160521_184229.jpg 20160521_184356.jpg 20160521_184447.jpg
From left to right Nautilus, Kayfun Mini, Calix clone and the Taifun.

The three tanks I bought from Fasttech cost me a total of £33.87, and at those prices, what have you got to lose? I found building a little difficult, but despite the combination of a small deck and Walls thick pork sausages for fingers, I still managed to put a satisfactory build on the deck and it's working a treat too.:18:

I vaped the Taifun all last night and whilst I did get a slight loss of flavour over the evening, I was expecting it to die, flavour wise, like my Nautilus does and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't.:14: So a huge thumbs up for the Taifun so far.:2thumbsup:

I've had the Calix clone on the mod today and the taste again is good, but not quite as good as the Taifun, in my opinion. I've found it a little difficult to get the airflow right with this tank and I found it needed a tweak of power up from 11 watts to 13 watts to got it into the zone. As with the Taifun, the taste did slightly fade and then stabilised. Maybe a little more time playing with the airflow will give me a better result with it. Lets see what the Kaifun Mini can do tomorrow.

This is how each tank looks on my istick.

View attachment 91539 View attachment 91540 View attachment 91541 View attachment 91542
From left to right Nautilus, Kayfun Mini, Calix clone and the Taifun.
@Rob have you vetted any of the Calix clones?

I have. The common problem with them is the AFC. Not as precise as the Real deal, but pretty close. Flavour wise, they are damn good. The trick, with both the Clone and the Real Deal is getting the balance of AFC and Juice Control which when set correctly, will produce Flavour on a monstrous scale.:2thumbsup:. However........ If it were me....... Get the V2 Clone. THEN........ you're really talking.

There were no instructions with the Calix clone and after vaping quite nicely most of the day, has started giving dry hits. Swapped to the Kayfun Mini 3 style tank and the dry hits started pretty quickly, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong with both tanks. Think I'll have to have them both apart and check them out.

Wicking will be the issue with the Calix. By which I mean...... where the wick tails are in relation to the juice flow holes in the Base. Ideally....... believe it or not, you do NOT want the holes to be feeding directly on to the Wick, you want the juice holes to be feeding the juice well, not the wick tails. The Juice control will need about 3/4 of a full turn and you'll be good to go.

Watch this and everything will become clear........

With the negativity of the Nauti X, I'm twitching on the Pico S with coils now despite Crewella's threading woes

I'll be good though, it can be my June treat :D

Back
Top Bottom