What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

I have 2 @johnnyace and they are tremendous. Roll on June I say!! :D

Excellent! It was rereading your initial experience from January that made me want one :thumbup:

I have a standard Pico in white that I'm very pleased with, great vape, nice looking & very stealthy on a little mod

The S comes with the stock coil option too which is appealing

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1463991181.427044.jpg

Been MTL exclusively for the last 4 days. I'm loving it.

Just wish I had the steam tuners kit for this beaut.

There were no instructions with the Calix clone and after vaping quite nicely most of the day, has started giving dry hits. Swapped to the Kayfun Mini 3 style tank and the dry hits started pretty quickly, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong with both tanks. Think I'll have to have them both apart and check them out.

with the Kayfun Mini 3 .... the cotton needs to be just touching the deck , don't pack it in too much ;) 2 full turns on the juice flow is enough to wick 80% VG for me.

with the Calix .... the wicking , as Rob suggested works great and if you want to wick it with the juice going directly to the cotton ... after you place your wick in the deck and prime it with juice , use a pin to gently pull the cotton away from the juice hole , I haven't had to open the juice flow more than 50% even for high VG juice.

I haven't had a hint of a dry hit with either of these tanks , you will love em when they are behaving :2thumbsup: btw something to keep in mind with the Calix , as the airflow is from the bottom , if you get a leak it will go straight into your 510 ( I close off the juice flow if I'm not using the Calix for a few days ;) )

Re the Calix and "Direct Feed", i.e. the wick tails being down by the Juice Holes, you'll get FAR better results by opening the Juice Control far more than you do when using my favoured "indirect feed" method.
This comes direct from Billy at "By Leo".

I found on the Kayfun mini, as the deck is so small you don't need a fat lot of cotton. I snipped the sides of the cotton "bow" too into more of a strip so that when the cotton was put in place the outsides wouldn't block the juice channels

Got the Nautilus X yesterday, filled up with some juice, put it on top of the mini volt for a work beater, great flavour at 16.5w, really small tank and paired with the mini volt makes this a real stealth set up. Would recommend this to anyone who is in need a good vape while at work and don't want to have a set up that takes up all your pocket space.

Nautilus X arrived today, filled with some RYWhore at 9mg, which hits quite hard. Nice little tootle puffer at 14w, vape quality is good, very smooth. Flavour is ok, maybe not the best, seems to struggle to extract the sweeter notes. Early days though, may need time to break in.

Airflow is about the same as Hurricane half open and much more than a Nautilis, same as Triton mini using the 1.2ohm. I prefer the vape quality of the X over the Triton.

Back
Top Bottom