What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Just have to say guys, my kf3 mini and plus arrived today from fasttech . i have cleaned them and wicked them 6 wraps 30agw , 1.5 the same as i do my sub tank mini,
i think i must be doing something wrong as i am getting a lack of flavour from both compared to the sub tank.
all at 12 watts, i tried upping to 15 watts and it made know change to the rather subdued flavour.
do they take a while to break in ?
i have my coil about 3mm above the air hole not sure if that makes a difference.
i might have to give them another good clean.

Your coil could well come down a bit. I run mine about 1.5mm above the airflow hole.

Your coil could well come down a bit. I run mine about 1.5mm above the airflow hole.
Thicker wire would give you a bit more surface area. 28/26g work well...still mean to get some 27g, think it might be the only guage I need...

Thicker wire would give you a bit more surface area. 28/26g work well...still mean to get some 27g, think it might be the only guage I need...
27 has always been my go to. Early on had so many people recommending 26 or 28 gauge I went to stealth vape and split the difference.

27 has always been my go to. Early on had so many people recommending 26 or 28 gauge I went to stealth vape and split the difference.
I like the structural integrity of 26g. Particularly with mesh. But I like the ramp up and resistance i get from 28g. How string is 27g?

I like the structural integrity of 26g. Particularly with mesh. But I like the ramp up and resistance i get from 28g. How string is 27g?
Pretty stringy.
No seriously it is the best of both. Put it this way I have a 1.3 micro coil wound in the kayfun 4. Which gets used daily admittedly not for long as i use it for a bit of mojave desert at the end of the day. But I only realised that I've never changed the coil. Ever. I dry burn and quench weekly. I worked out that coil is well over seven months old. I should change it but I am seeing how long it goes.
The ohms are as stable as ever. In fact both mini kayfun 3s and both mini goblins are coiled with 27 (goblins at 0.5) and I've never lost a coil.
It will be a slower ramp on a mech but not noticeable.

Gem on P3... haven't got the Gem getting good flavor yet, still working on what is the issue but I do love the look of the thing so I keep tryhing!

IMG_20160702_132703.jpg

What kind of build have you got? All about wicking with the Gem...

I've built 1.2 down to .8, 26 gauge kanthal. I've wicked it exactly like the Squape R(s) with cotton (my Squape produces best flavor ever).

Watched Qorax vids and vaping with Vic and have basically stuck to what they have said.

It is a clone but honestly looks exactly like the authentic and I don't believe there could be enough difference to account for the muted flavor.

I'm open to suggestions.

I've never had to use Rayon, silica or SS mesh but have these on my list. My simple build has always produced great flavor in Kayfuns, Squape and Hurricane.

Love the look of the atty and no leaking/dry hit so wanting to pull the flavor out!!

Back
Top Bottom