What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Yeah, they often get better...i've got one in my Le Zephyr that's survived about 5 coils...

Fiirst impressions on Calix V2 (clone):

Thumbs up... except for the juice ctrl with the drip tip, doesn't turn very easy. Going to have to work on that but giving a really good vape and easy build. Looks big in pic but it's a good mid size and looks the bomb on the Pico.

IMG_20160714_183453.jpg

Fiirst impressions on Calix V2 (clone):

Thumbs up... except for the juice ctrl with the drip tip, doesn't turn very easy. Going to have to work on that but giving a really good vape and easy build. Looks big in pic but it's a good mid size and looks the bomb on the Pico.

View attachment 97225
Looks good. I would have snaffled one up by now but our calix expert "The guvnor" already mentioned the airflow is a pita and doesn't close down enough so saving my penny's for a genuine.

Looks good. I would have snaffled one up by now but our calix expert "The guvnor" already mentioned the airflow is a pita and doesn't close down enough so saving my penny's for a genuine.
Perfect for me but I don't like a draw as tight as say a kfl+... a bit more open like my squape and hurricane.

Kayfun V5 added to the list of things cluttering my desk. Not overly impressed tbh, KfM v3 is miles better for flavour.

Change the drip tip to something more restrictive and it is way better.

I am using the one which came with my bachelor nano MTL kit.

@ToolmanTexas Can you tell me what colour the O Ring is that sits in the Top Cap and grips the Juice Control?
I think that there has been some small confusion here? What I said was that with regards to the Airflow Control, unlike the Genuine Article, it didn't close Right Down. As I don't ever use any of mine shut down that far, it wouldn't be an issue, but I know of at least 2 other owners of the Clone that have complained that they couldn't restrict the air flow enough for their tastes without resorting to doing some Heath Robinson style modification.

The issue that I have had with the V1 Clones has ALWAYS centred around the Juice Control. Because the supplied O Ring grips the Chimney far too tightly, adjusting the JC can be a nightmare. Obviously this is rectified fairly simply by lubing the O Ring every time you have the Top Cap Off, but this is NOT what the Real Thing is all about. One "should" be able to turn the JC easily. Admittedly, after filling the tank and re fitting the Top Cap, it is always advisable to give the JC a gentle turn just before the Top Cap Tightens Right Down, but there after, there should be little resistance, even when opening from fully closed.

THIS........ is my real issue with the clone. Otherwise, they appear to be pretty good.:)

@ToolmanTexas Can you tell me what colour the O Ring is that sits in the Top Cap and grips the Juice Control?
I think that there has been some small confusion here? What I said was that with regards to the Airflow Control, unlike the Genuine Article, it didn't close Right Down. As I don't ever use any of mine shut down that far, it wouldn't be an issue, but I know of at least 2 other owners of the Clone that have complained that they couldn't restrict the air flow enough for their tastes without resorting to doing some Heath Robinson style modification.

The issue that I have had with the V1 Clones has ALWAYS centred around the Juice Control. Because the supplied O Ring grips the Chimney far too tightly, adjusting the JC can be a nightmare. Obviously this is rectified fairly simply by lubing the O Ring every time you have the Top Cap Off, but this is NOT what the Real Thing is all about. One "should" be able to turn the JC easily. Admittedly, after filling the tank and re fitting the Top Cap, it is always advisable to give the JC a gentle turn just before the Top Cap Tightens Right Down, but there after, there should be little resistance, even when opening from fully closed.

THIS........ is my real issue with the clone. Otherwise, they appear to be pretty good.:)
Thanks for the clarification rob. The confusion seems to be mine. Read too many reviews of late. Think they've pickled in my mind.

This arrived the day before I went on holiday so I only just got this wicked up this morning .... Rose V2 clone, 1.95ohm nichrome coil, some trusty Nokomis at 10w ...... liking it a lot so far but glad I watched a few set-up videos while it was in transit from China. :D

Back
Top Bottom