What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Has anyone got a kayfun v3 mini they would be willing to part with? I was a bit lax about ordering one and just been on fast tech to order an infinite version and they stopped stocking them. I'm preferably after an SKX/infinite version if someone has one. Thanks
I will say I bought this one from FT and it has been a great tank, best $10 tank I've ever had. Just for consideration:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4284500

I will say I bought this one from FT and it has been a great tank, best $10 tank I've ever had. Just for consideration:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4284500
56 reviews averaging 4.7 is pretty good.
Amazon has taught me there's always an ass who'll mark stuff down for stupid reasons and so i looked at the reviews.
The most common negative comments on this product were :
It's small
It only holds 2ml
One person noted it doesn't come with a blue screwdriver.
With points lost for these reasons, I'd say a score of 4.7 is pretty good

Assuming you're not as much of a knob as the reviewers quoted above and order one on the understanding that a mini v3 is 1) small and 2) therefore only holds 2ml..... This one seems a safe bet
Yes mate, started using mine again yesterday. I go for a 2.5mm coil using 0.32 kanthal that comes out about 1.2 ohms. There's 2 ways to wick. Might be a good idea to watch a video on YouTube. I think Todd has one. I go for the big holes and just block the the holes with the cotton. You will see what I mean when you get it.

Any questions just ask. It's very easy to build and wick. The flavour is on par with my kayfuns but allows a bit more airflow

I bought one of these: SKU427800
$12.98 Kayfun Mini V3 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Kayfun Mini V3, 316 SS + Glass, Silver (free shipping) - FastTech.com

https://fs.tc/p/4278000

...and it was fine. Girlfriend uses it daily.

Bought one of the above (SKU4284500) 2nd hand. Had to grind the positive post down a fraction to stop it shorting on the chamber wall. Had to swap a few o rings too...

That would do my head in. How do you know what colour to use?

Did it really have spitback protection?
I've also got sku 4278000 and had no issues; i use it daily

The spitback in the other one is mesh in the top cap which is visible in one of the piccies.
I'm not a fan of that as I've found the vapour is reduced - possibly due to the vapour touching it and condensing again

Not much mention of the Augvape Merlin, I just got one and initial impression is it's really good for an airy MTL vape, which is what I like.

It comes with an airflow restrictor screw pre installed giving 2.4 mm from the base I think and with the AFC closed down makes it a decent MTL vape with good flavour.

It has a velocity style deck as well which means you can get really big single coils in (although I find decks that grip the wires like this a pain as I often cut them when tightening!). It's really cheap as well, £22 from the UK, no doubt cheaper from China.

I think there were some issues with early ones which they've resolved with a 1.5 release.

I'm not sure it will suit people who like a very restricted draw though.

Not much mention of the Augvape Merlin, I just got one and initial impression is it's really good for an airy MTL vape, which is what I like.

It comes with an airflow restrictor screw pre installed giving 2.4 mm from the base I think and with the AFC closed down makes it a decent MTL vape with good flavour.

It has a velocity style deck as well which means you can get really big single coils in (although I find decks that grip the wires like this a pain as I often cut them when tightening!). It's really cheap as well, £22 from the UK, no doubt cheaper from China.

I think there were some issues with early ones which they've resolved with a 1.5 release.

I have one of these and can't rate it high enough. Watched a YouTube review by 'vaping with vic' and he suggested shutting the airflow completely off for a decent mtl hit. Gotta say this works a treat with the mtl adapter in [emoji3]

I imagine this to be good at tc mtl. Lots of room for spaced coils.

I have one of these and can't rate it high enough. Watched a YouTube review by 'vaping with vic' and he suggested shutting the airflow completely off for a decent mtl hit. Gotta say this works a treat with the mtl adapter in [emoji3]

Between half and a third open with the restrictor screw in is working for me which I reckon is around the second to third smallest airflow on a KF5, but as you say it does go much tighter.

Back
Top Bottom