What's new

The TPD means nothing

Regarding the effects of this TPD Article 20 bollocks come May 2016 how is this going to affect vendors exactly? I have seen very little mentioned concerning individual businesses plans. Are we going to see them closing shop as we draw sooner the date?

I realise it is still over 12 months away but I don't see anyone seriously panicking at present and getting out of Dodge as fast as they can. Surprisingly there are new businesses and new people doing DIY juice for sale every day.

So what's the gameplan? Are they carrying on as usual to make as much money as they can until the new regulations come in or are most of them assuming the Totally Wicked challenge will be a success?

a year is a very long time in business. alot could happen. even if it does all change come may next year by that time im sure loopholes will be found to get around some of the things. nic free liquid rebranded as shisha product for instance may ( or may not work ). its a bit like ebay.. there regs say that you cannot sell tobacco based on ecig based products.. but youc an sell shisha stuff... ratehr hypocritcal if you ask me but there ya have it.. list your vw box mod or evod or mech as a shisha device and no one bats an eyelid.. stick the word ecig in there and its .. think of the children its soooooo bad for you crap.

So ! Will V.I.P be getting their name behind a youtube video campaign ? Youtube hits more vapers & others than all the forums put together. Concise direct thruthful factual info in video form.

Isn't There already a legal challenge being mounted to Section 20 of the TPD in the European Courts?
There was a link to an interview on here a week or so ago.
Some guy who owns a vaping company and his solicitor.
They sounded like Brits.
If that is the case then might this campaign here join in with that initiative?

The Totally Wicked legal challenge is probably our best chance of getting Article 20 stopped in it's tracks, and every member of Vapers in Power is a registered supporter of that action. However we believe that the chances of that action working can be improved by every action and public outcry that takes place. There are many in power that would love to just sweep it under the carpet. They need to know that that won't go unnoticed.

Vapers in Power isn't a new group the party has been registered with the Electoral Commission for roughly a year, and obviously it took some organisation to get to that stage. It came into existence then section 5 was added to Article 20. That is the bit that could potentially ban all public endorsement of ecigs, first they take it away and then they ban us from talking about it. Whilst the UK doesn't have the right to free speech for members of the public, it does have something along those lines for Political Parties. Basically even if the worse comes to the worst they can't shut us up.

Given that we ARE a political party one of the most obvious ways we can make noise, challenge the TPD and ensure a more balanced view of vaping is available, is to present candidates for election. This is what we are doing. We have two candidates standing in the parliamentary elections. As part of this we are generating, posters, leaflets and press releases for the constituencies our candidates are standing in. We can't afford to produce and dispatch this media to every B+M in the country, but what we can do is make that media available through the forums and social media so that vapers who understand the dangers and want to help the fight can print off their own copies and deliver them to the vaping shops nearest them.

We need to fight the TPD, but the first step to take is to make sure that everyone actually KNOWS about it.

The Totally Wicked legal challenge is probably our best chance of getting Article 20 stopped in it's tracks, and every member of Vapers in Power is a registered supporter of that action. However we believe that the chances of that action working can be improved by every action and public outcry that takes place. There are many in power that would love to just sweep it under the carpet. They need to know that that won't go unnoticed.

Vapers in Power isn't a new group the party has been registered with the Electoral Commission for roughly a year, and obviously it took some organisation to get to that stage. It came into existence then section 5 was added to Article 20. That is the bit that could potentially ban all public endorsement of ecigs, first they take it away and then they ban us from talking about it. Whilst the UK doesn't have the right to free speech for members of the public, it does have something along those lines for Political Parties. Basically even if the worse comes to the worst they can't shut us up.

Given that we ARE a political party one of the most obvious ways we can make noise, challenge the TPD and ensure a more balanced view of vaping is available, is to present candidates for election. This is what we are doing. We have two candidates standing in the parliamentary elections. As part of this we are generating, posters, leaflets and press releases for the constituencies our candidates are standing in. We can't afford to produce and dispatch this media to every B+M in the country, but what we can do is make that media available through the forums and social media so that vapers who understand the dangers and want to help the fight can print off their own copies and deliver them to the vaping shops nearest them.

We need to fight the TPD, but the first step to take is to make sure that everyone actually KNOWS about it.

therein lies the biggest problem. i dont know if its apathy, igmorance or what the excuse is.. but when you look at the number of vapers int he UK alone ( isnt it well in excess of 2 million now ? ) and when you look at the EVFI which required 1 million signatures to be able to put forward there case and in the end it managed a fucking pitiful 181,000 i think thats total and UTTER fucking disgrace and ANY vaper that didnt sign it should hang there sorry arse head in shame.

how the fuck are we supposed to beat this is people are to fucking lazy to get off there arse and sign a simple online petition let alone do anything else... fucks me right off.

therein lies the biggest problem. i dont know if its apathy, igmorance or what the excuse is.. but when you look at the number of vapers int he UK alone ( isnt it well in excess of 2 million now ? ) and when you look at the EVFI which required 1 million signatures to be able to put forward there case and in the end it managed a fucking pitiful 181,000 i think thats total and UTTER fucking disgrace and ANY vaper that didnt sign it should hang there sorry arse head in shame.

how the fuck are we supposed to beat this is people are to fucking lazy to get off there arse and sign a simple online petition let alone do anything else... fucks me right off.

A lot of the issue is that a very large proportion of the 2.1million just don't know about it. I meet a lot of vapers who have a minimal online presence and they have just no idea that the TPD even exists, let alone what it means for them

So ! Will V.I.P be getting their name behind a youtube video campaign ? Youtube hits more vapers & others than all the forums put together. Concise direct thruthful factual info in video form.

I will be honest and say that at the moment I don't think Youtube is one of our strong points. We do have a Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTclmFqBmas_Y6j-IRaWHA and we are starting to output videos, but I don't think we are where we need to be yet for real impact.

we are all doomed and theres fuck all we can do to change it. all the action groups you can think of wont be able to compete with those big brown envelopes full of euros that some of those MEPs have probably had there dirty but soft hands on.

be interesting to see what happens if the conservatives get re elected. they keep spouting on about being the party thats pro business. this ruling will make a lot of vaping companies struggle i would think so would be good to see if they really are pro business or just pro big business

and yes i know that that McAvan women is labour. shes also a lot of other things imo but not sure what the legal status of calling someone rude names on a public forum is so i wont go there lol

do they actually use brown envelopes anymore or is it all done through bank transfers hmmm

Tories are big business first, small business last. Everyone else gets the crumbs.

I'm not overly worried about this, there will be plenty of ways around it.

A battery is a battery, not a device capable of producing vapour.

A VV mod on its own is not a device capable of producing vapour.

An RBA / RDA sold with no coil or wick is not a device capable of producing vapour. These could be broken up further and sold separately.

Kanthal is not... well, you get my point.

I need 72mg nic to kill the weeds in my garden. Flavours I use to make birthday cakes.

If all else fails then China or non EU countries are your friend :).

Also, reading through the actual legislation, it makes reference to 'importers who intend to sell on the market'. I just plan to import, but not sell.

The EU has no power to enforce this over China :).

Back
Top Bottom