What's new

Transfering a 70w BB chip into a 60w housing?

Zippy0

Achiever
So:
I want a silver SXK BB with the 60w DNA chipset, but that does not seem to exist.
Therefore I now wonder if it would be possible to simply buy a silver 70w SXK BB as well as a black 60w SXK BB and simply swap out the chipsets.
Getting the chip out of there is of course no problem at all, but the question is, wether or not the chipsets are interchangeable without any other modifications to the housing?

Maybe someone here has both versions and can assist me with that problem.

Thank you guys very much in advance!

If the mounting points are the same wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a DNA60 board & swap it. Ask in the BB thread as I've seen threads on this subject. Plus if you go the board swap route you wont invalidate Evolvs 12 month warranty on the board.

It would be a little bit cheaper of course, but my plan is to then sell the black SXK BB, which then has the 70w chipset, anyway.

Hi @Zippy0 is there a particular reason for wanting a DNA 60 instead of the 70? Just interested to know the thinking behind it. Cheers

It would be cheaper to buy the silver SXK 60 from Fastech and also buy the DNA 60 board from Modmaker for £45 and swap the boards and keep the original as a spare.

It would be cheaper to buy the silver SXK 60 from Fastech and also buy the DNA 60 board from Modmaker for £45 and swap the boards and keep the original as a spare.
This is the way to go

Be aware that a few SXK have the screen glued in and shitty wiring - It's a swift upgrade though. I've just this minute finished one - takes 45 minutes...

So you specifically want 60 watts? Creme de Vape have a few DNA40s for about £20

Does anyone by chance know, wether or not the DNA60 in the Lost Vape Coral would be the same version as the DNA 60, which is in the BB?
I just ask because I got the chance to get myself a dirt cheap used Coral and if possible, would just cannibalize the chip from it for the BB.

Apart from that (I don't want to start another thread for this small question):
Does anyone know a place selling condensation plugs for the BB, or are people all just 3D-printing those themselves?

Back
Top Bottom