What's new

Vaping 101 age verification

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I’ve bought a couple of items from Vaping 101… and then been asked to use their age verification software. I need a photo ID - so driving license, passport, Citizen card (?) OR a credit card: none of which I have. I emailed them and told them to cancel the transaction, as I couldn’t provide what they wanted, and got an arsey email back about a ‘new law’ that all vaping companies have to do this. Is that true? I haven’t seen any discussion of this ‘new law’ on here :hmm: I am pissed off by this… it’s one thing to want to check people’s ages, but they should do it before they take my money surely?
I had the same thing happen when I ordered from Vape Club, I just done it as I couldn’t be bothered to cancel order but all ok, no problems. If you don’t show up on their credit checks that’s what they want you to prove your age.

I had the same thing happen when I ordered from Vape Club, I just done it as I couldn’t be bothered to cancel order but all ok, no problems. If you don’t show up on their credit checks that’s what they want you to prove your age.
Don't think it has anything to do with credit checks as mine is pretty good. VPD was 1

I think it’s through the system they use, if you don’t come up on it they do their own checks I believe.
Credit check isn't a proof of age though. Crazy way of trading as they are losing out on extra sales

Apparently it’s to do with the age verification laws not so much to do with credit.

Credit check isn't a proof of age though. Crazy way of trading as they are losing out on extra sales

A credit report search of type "Identification – Generic Check" can be performed to verify your age. Quite a few of those on my credit report, it has no impact on score or anything else. Verify My Age was the last company to perform one on my Experian report.

Vaping companies are required to verify the age of the purchaser by law. Not their choice.

A credit report search of type "Identification – Generic Check" can be performed to verify your age. Quite a few of those on my credit report, it has no impact on score or anything else. Verify My Age was the last company to perform one on my Experian report.

Vaping companies are required to verify the age of the purchaser by law. Not their choice.
So how do I manage to buy most vaping things online if they all do it? Confused

So how do I manage to buy most vaping things online if they all do it? Confused

Because they are able to verify your age by checking out who you are based on your name and address. Sometimes that third party verification does not work (for whatever reason) and you then have to "prove" using a photo id. I have never had to provide a photo id.

Back
Top Bottom