What's new

What am I doing wrong? (RTA wicking)

Vlaqko

Postman
My cotton keeps burning 5-8minutes on average into a vaping session. Literally just put a new cotton in about 10 mintues ago and now I'm on my last strip of cotton ffs. I'm on the verge of throwing all of this vape shit out of the window and moving on with my life vape free because this is ridiculous, nothing ever works in my favour vape wise...

Let me put it this way.. I spend more time re-wicking then actually vaping.

I'm on a Serpent Mini RTA.. maybe I just don't get along with the RTA itself?

1 to many watts
2 juice is to thick ie high vg
3 to much wick

It will be either 1 or 3 imo i have a serpent mini and have never had such problems, i use it at under 35w depending on the build. don't pack the slot for the wick and as said start at around 20w and increase till you feel its at the sweet spot. Get some 26 gauge ni80 wire 7 wrap coil at 25-35w max

Post some pics of your deck/build, otherwise we're just pissing in the wind.

Post some pics of your deck/build, otherwise we're just pissing in the wind.

Yea, do this, I use a serpent too and it took a while to get it right, it can be a bit of a bastard.

Give some info about what wattage you’re using too?

1 to many watts
2 juice is to thick ie high vg
3 to much wick

It will be either 1 or 3 imo i have a serpent mini and have never had such problems, i use it at under 35w depending on the build. don't pack the slot for the wick and as said start at around 20w and increase till you feel its at the sweet spot. Get some 26 gauge ni80 wire 7 wrap coil at 25-35w max

This too, however I run mine a lot higher than this, so it’s likely to be your build fella.

My cotton keeps burning 5-8minutes on average into a vaping session. Literally just put a new cotton in about 10 mintues ago and now I'm on my last strip of cotton ffs. I'm on the verge of throwing all of this vape shit out of the window and moving on with my life vape free because this is ridiculous, nothing ever works in my favour vape wise...

Let me put it this way.. I spend more time re-wicking then actually vaping.

I'm on a Serpent Mini RTA.. maybe I just don't get along with the RTA itself?
Don't know if this will help,
But cut your cotton short so it don't reach the bottom of well and it should be good,
Vape 80/20 or 70/30 at 35-40 watts and its all good
20180503_185704.jpeg
20180503_185535.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom