What's new

What Metal Type For DNA Mods

What metal type coils would you use in a DNA mod?

• Kanthal

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Ni80/90 etc

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • SS316L etc

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Titanium

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Dna boards are very sensitive to coils but that’s not the problem most big manufactures ground the board to the 510 and the case so the board also measures the case for resistance that’s the problem
Yup and that’s why most mods just need a little sweating on the joint to get them back to health.

Billet

(Sorry if someone already said...i didnt scroll up...was an easy answer)

Wait...really...

(I meant about measuring the case)
A copper slug with a 510 thread can be used to measure the mod resistance. This value is then inputted into Escribe for that mod & the board then accounts for the variance. It's usually preset around 0.004-6ohm. If this value is way off then the board cannot read the coil resistance accurately, essential for good TC.

A copper slug with a 510 thread can be used to measure the mod resistance. This value is then inputted into Escribe for that mod & the board then accounts for the variance. It's usually preset around 0.004-6ohm. If this value is way off then the board cannot read the coil resistance accurately, essential for good TC.

Wow - when did you brush up on your copy and paste skills? [emoji112][emoji2957]

Your too clever for me sir.

Also I can’t find a witty slug gif

upload_2021-7-24_21-39-41.gif

Most manufacturers don’t set the internal resistance properly which is the root cause of the issue. I got my 510 copper calibration tool from signature tips many moons ago but they appear to have discontinued it :( the only other one I could find was here: https://www.vapesbyenushi.com/acces...-circuit-plug-510-pin-oxygen-free-copper-ofc/ but they appear to be based in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom